Question about install

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO (front cam only)
I've had my SG9663DCPRO for a few days now, and it's time to install it. I'm replacing a DDPai M6 Plus, so I need to get that mount removed first. (At 72 years young, I don't do anything fast anymore.) The M6 Plus was hardwired to a fuse that is only hot when the ignition is on. So, I wondering if I can just splice into that existing wiring, or if I have to run the new wiring all the way to the fuse block. The M6 Plus operating voltage is 5 volts. So is the SG9663DCPRO, so it seems like a no-brainer. I just don't want to take any chances.

I've installed the GPS and run the wire over (right now it's just hanging down by the mirror), and the wire from the DDPai is just hanging there. I'm not sure, but it might even plug directly into the SG. (It's a mini-USB.) Tomorrow I'll begin the work of removing the M6 Plus mount from the windshield.

Better to replace the power lead
OK. I don't mean to be an ass, but what are the pros and cons of replacing it? It's a lot of work to replace it. Is there an explicit danger inherent in not replacing it?

OK. I don't mean to be an ass, but what are the pros and cons of replacing it? It's a lot of work to replace it. Is there an explicit danger inherent in not replacing it?
we revised the power supply multiple times before we were happy with the performance, we can't guarantee the results you'll get when using a third party power supply, the requirements for a single channel camera with an internal battery are not the same as they are for our product, they generally don't over engineer things so good chance the existing power supply is not a good choice

we revised the power supply multiple times before we were happy with the performance, we can't guarantee the results you'll get when using a third party power supply, the requirements for a single channel camera with an internal battery are not the same as they are for our product, they generally don't over engineer things so good chance the existing power supply is not a good choice
OK. You've convinced me, darn it. :D

(I'm too old and tired to do it myself.)
im wondering if that day will come for me, i will be devastated. i cant imaging not doing things for myself like this, but im sure it will come one day though.

@wozzzzza I'm reaching that point, but there's something to be said for still being around in relative happiness even if you can't do everything you used to do. Age has taught me to look for and embrace the "wins" wherever you may find them ;)

I can still do most of what I used to do, even if it's slower and there's less of it. I am still happy and lacking nothing and it's hard to find a bigger "win" than that. I think you'll be the same way when your time comes. Life is about enjoying what you do have, not lamenting what you don't have :cool:

Phil

When i have a foot over that hole and are about to fall in, i just think of my friend, that are barely able to deal with the weight of his own arms.
Then what he have are arthritis with his joints worn down, the scary part is i have worked for many more years than he have, even if i am a year younger, but my joints are also starting to be a problem.
If i squat down for more then 30 seconds, there better be something near i can pull myself up by, cuz just flexing my leg muscles that's not going to happen.

@wozzzzza I'm reaching that point, but there's something to be said for still being around in relative happiness even if you can't do everything you used to do. Age has taught me to look for and embrace the "wins" wherever you may find them ;)

I can still do most of what I used to do, even if it's slower and there's less of it. I am still happy and lacking nothing and it's hard to find a bigger "win" than that. I think you'll be the same way when your time comes. Life is about enjoying what you do have, not lamenting what you don't have :cool:

Phil
Absolutely! Great attitude @SawMaster

something im yet to experience i guess. im around halfway there. hard to explain but i know what ya mean.

When you get to a certain age there are three types of days:

Good Day - You wake up
Better Day - You can get up
Great Day - Nothing hurts

It's been a long time since I've had a Great Day.

As @SawMaster said, appreciate and enjoy what you have - there are many that have less.

Last edited:
im wondering if that day will come for me, i will be devastated. i cant imaging not doing things for myself like this, but im sure it will come one day though.
No, you won't. You'll be glad you can afford to pay someone else to do the work while you relax in your recliner with a pina colada. :cool:

With old age comes the wisdom to know you have nothing left to prove.

No, you won't. You'll be glad you can afford to pay someone else to do the work while you relax in your recliner with a pina colada. :cool:
It used to take me 4 to 5 hours to cut, edge and trim my lawn. When I destroyed my knee(s) a few years back I hired that job out. The company that does it takes about half an hour for the same results because of the manpower and equipment used - and I totally enjoy watching them the entire time. :D

With old age comes the wisdom to know you have nothing left to prove.
I tend to forget that, so with a lotto win, one of the first things i would get is a motorcycle modified to do stunt driving, and then i would throw it down like i was 18, and thats after all 35 years ago.
And the fact i have a tail bone that have not set properly, after failing when demonstrating to my nephew than his 45 year old uncle could fly,,,,, well i could on my quad bike, but landing after a few feet i was thrown on my ass.
And i did manage to get into the duble digit feets of airtime, before i forgot all that stuff and turned my focus to stunting that dont require the same stamina.
tumblr_pum5n0STCu1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prw9gutPws1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

It used to take me 4 to 5 hours to cut, edge and trim my lawn. When I destroyed my knee(s) a few years back I hired that job out. The company that does it takes about half an hour for the same results because of the manpower and equipment used - and I totally enjoy watching them the entire time. :D
I was doing the same thing - and watching the professionals mow my neighbor's entire lawn while I got one small strip on the west side done and then had to go sit down to cool down and stop sweating. One day we were going on vacation, so I asked them if they could mow our lawn while we were gone. They said sure, and when I found out how much they charged, I said, Hell, why don't you just mow it from now on. That was about 15 years ago. I'm still amazed at how fast they can mow my entire lawn, front, back, and sides. :love:

let the professionals do what the professionals do best,,,,, as long as it is not overpaid professionals like athletes ASO.

Back