Question about parking mode with powerbank

Photofan1986

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I am trying to setup the A139 so that it enters parking mode (and records in low bitrate) using a external USB power bank. Problem is: the camera doesn't seem to switch to parking mode at all, resulting in huge file sizes, and I need the camera to record all night long.
Is there a way to enter parking mode manually?

Thanks for your reponses.
Photofan

I am using that kit, but I would like to use an external battery (a big capacity USB powerbank) not to drain my car battery.

I was looking into this too but I guess the A139 needs to see the ACC power connection go down before it switches to parking mode and uses the BATT connection on the HK3-C hardwire kit.

I am currently using the A139 with powerbanks, but I have a 5v USB to 12v cigarette lighter, and then use the normal power cable. After 5 mins it will go into parking mode (I don't know if it's based on GPS or G-sensor)

I know as well if you power using powerbank directly it doesn't seem to go into parking mode (I believe this is because of the special pin arrangement)

I am on a really old FW version though.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed quite a while back so it may be worth searching through the old threads.

I have the exact setup. A LiFePO4 battery pack and the HK3 wiring. The wires that need constant power supply for parking mode are connected to the battery pack. And the ACC from the HK3 wiring kit is connected to a switched fuse.

The battery pack itself is also connected to a switched fuse to charge itself while driving. The battery pack supplies power when it's charging and while it's not charging (pass through).

Back