Question about reflection and positioning

sharbearx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I just mounted my Viofo 129 and was wondering if I had the cameras positioned too high or too low on either side. The front and rear camera are both mounted on the top center of the windshield. I couldn't get the app to work on my phone and the physical screen is so tiny that I just took my best guess when positioning them originally. I also have these reflections that I couldn't seem to get rid of no matter how I angled the camera. Is there anything I can do about that? I read some mixed reviews about the CPL so I'm just not sure whether I should buy it or not. Thank you guys for any help in advance!

back.jpgfront.jpg

If your vehicle are supported a dash mat in black ( or painted black ) will take much of the reflections, a CPL filter will also take much of reflections but it can not remove the very worst of them.
Personally i run a home made dashmat as no one make after market stuff for my silly little Suzuki car, and then i also use CPL filters on most of my cameras ( have a lot of cameras as a tester so not all have CPL fitted )

You cant really position a dachcam too high, so the reflections you see you just have to live with or deal with adding things i mentioned above.

I also plan to paint my A pillar plastic trim black, cuz its the same light grey as yours and are also in the footage, and do annoy me, i hope to be able to get 2 pieces of that plastic trim on a salvage yard this summer.

This video demo a little what you can get from a CPL filter, in this case on a action camera.

Back