Question about the glare, artifacts, highlights white point?

Dragonfly777

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Interested in your opinion about the glare of artifacts here is the video. There are two large flares in the sun, but it's okay to get a glare behind them. the white point is clearly visible on 11. 12. 13. 14 seconds and at 23 seconds in the dog on the skull. And if you stand with your back to the sun or the lamp there are no highlights and there is no white point ... your opinion about this white point? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8rjTnW_Esk

I do not know the technical word but the spot is from the sun being directly into the lens like a laser and the effect is generated inside the multiple lenses. It is not unusual when filming directly into low sun. A polarized lens filter may help with this.

Phil

If you want less lens flare, a lens hood is the best solution. But it won't help if the sun is in the frame.
If you want more lens flare, maybe you can hire J.J. Abrams to point a lamp into the lens.

star-trek-2-bts-copy1.png

Yes this are often happening in the lens itself, it is not a question of poor quality lens even the most expensive lens will do this.
Some post production tools for video cam even add it artificial if you dont have it, i am not sure but some tools might even be able to remove it too, but i am guessing here.

You can also get blooming ( lights appear bigger then they are ) if you film thru a glass like dashcams do, this are often a dirty windscreen and should be less if you clean it well.

Back