Question about upcoming Street Guardian products.

I see that the SGZC12SG is listed as a single channel camera, but has an optional rear camera. How does that work - as compared to a 2-ch system.
Does it record the front and rear cameras together in a split view?

We're doing some internal testing at the moment, first beta units should be with first group of testers next month, depends how that goes as to how long before they are available for sale

We're doing some internal testing at the moment, first beta units should be with first group of testers next month, depends how that goes as to how long before they are available for sale

That's great news. I'd love to see a dual camera unit from Street Guardian. I am about to buy a unit for my new Jeep and I can put my purchase on hold until Christmas for a dual camera unit. I'd prefer to have the second camera to record behind as well.

That's great news. I'd love to see a dual camera unit from Street Guardian. I am about to buy a unit for my new Jeep and I can put my purchase on hold until Christmas for a dual camera unit. I'd prefer to have the second camera to record behind as well.

Same !
I'd be looking to add a dual camera setup to my car and my friends car. Would be great if they were out Christmas.

Would the dual camera offer better video footage than the sg9665GC ?

Yeah i assume the front camera will 1 up the SG9665GC, but the rear camera i again assume must be the same as its the same sensor at least.

Unsure if new chipset can draw more from the IMX322

Yeah i assume the front camera will 1 up the SG9665GC, but the rear camera i again assume must be the same as its the same sensor at least.

Unsure if new chipset can draw more from the IMX322

processor is higher spec with better performance, we are also using higher spec lenses and some other enhancements we'll be working on to get the most out of it

O yeah, squeeze that orange until all of the yummy goodness is out of it.

processor is higher spec with better performance, we are also using higher spec lenses and some other enhancements we'll be working on to get the most out of it

Would you offer a feature like the Thinkware f770 where they claim they can make night vision brighter to better catch license plates etc?
I don't know if it actually works or is a gimmick but if it does work then it would be a great feature to have.

Just the way they've tuned the firmware, no hardware change, the 770 firmware runs on the 750 and delivers the same result, how effective it is though I'm not sure, will need to get one and have a closer look at it

Will this new 2CH camera offer parking mode?

Last edited:
Would love if you could buy a stripped down camera e.g. no gps, no screen just an on off button for those of us who have our cams hardwired and set and forget.

Would love if you could buy a stripped down camera e.g. no gps, no screen just an on off button for those of us who have our cams hardwired and set and forget.
might be an idea for their next product, since lack of screen would mean you'd need some other way to configure options - wifi + smartphone app, text file, or a windows/mac app. which means more work, which would drive up the cost and possibly negate the cost savings of removing the screen/gps. but then again removing those items could mean a much smaller form factor as long as heat doesn't become an issue...

Sadly the screenless SG9665WG didn't make it into production.

image.png

Would this SGZC12RC V2 suit you at all?
It is called a "remote lens" dashcam.
It is only a lens and sensor attached to your windscreen.
This is then wired to a main box with touch screen LCD which can be stowed away inside your glove box etc.

On the windscreen, this design is more discrete and stealthy than ever, while the off-windscreen storage of the main box reduces significant solar thermal damage for user & manufacturer!
The current V2 has no built-in GPS just to your liking; though at a future update, an external GPS mouse may become optional for those who do want GPS.

There is still a capacitive touch LCD screen to format the memory card, and personalise the ISO sensitivity to low light etc, but all this can be stashed away in your glovebox, or under the dash etc.

If you can stash the main unit in the glovebox, or under the dash etc, the main unit can still have conventional buttons & LCD, or a capacitive touch screen, and this avoids having to use wireless connections to cell phones which can be complicated and troublesome with connection problems, while handling a cell phone is often illegal while driving a motor vehicle.

Despite the RC's capacitive LCD touch screen input/output i/o, the unit is "Plug & Play", just as you wished.
Simply plug it in, and forget it.
It will automatically switch on/off, and record.
The memory card will automatically loop on its default setting.
There is only one single mechanical button on top of the unit like an iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00TERYK5Q
The RC probably hasn't been as well marketed as it should.
A number of users spray paint the clear plastic mount of the lens/sensor as clear plastic mounts are beginning to be phased out.
A regular rectangular-shaped box for the main unit would probably look more stylish & professional than the current curvaceous clamshell-like or hooded wonder.
While the unavailabilty of an external GPS mouse will hold back for premium buyers where cost is not an issue.

RC%20Original-850x850_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back