Question bout my new battery (for charging it)

Cartouche

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
hey,

I just received my :
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E5 16000mAh 2-Port (3A Output)

And i can plug it in my pc's usb port to charge it, but now im wondering if i can plug in the usb from the my battery in my iphone 2 or samsung galaxy S3 euhm adapter thingie for in the wall? (dunno what they called).

There wasnt one included in the box and i could buy it extra on amazon.uk but it looked strange and i didnt think it would fit into Belgian power thingie in the wall.

Anyone knows something about this or has tried it already ?

thnx :)

USB wall chargers should work fine - if you have a look on the back if it says it supports 2.1A output then that will charge the Anker at full speed - the iPhone ones are usually 1A tops I think and the 6+ ones will use 2.1A at full speed.

I just looked at the iphone charger i got it says 0.15 A input and 1 A output. So V doesnt matter anything only A ? I dont wanna blow up my new battery P

16000mah and you are charging from a PC's usb port???
Haha... you'll be charging for a week if that's the case.
PC's usb don't have enough juice to charge it quick.
They hardly have 500mA unless you have some upgraded ones that means .5A so you'll need at least 32 hours to fully charge a 16000mAh that's also at full capacity of usb output.
If your usb gets overloaded, it can fry the card inside.
Laptops usually max out at 400mA so for 16000mah battery, it'll take 40 hours.

Use a 2A wall charger and it'll still take you close to 10 hours to charge it from 0 to 100%.
Check the wall charger output of your iphone.
It'll say what ampere it is. If it's 1.0A output, you'll need more than 16 hours to fully charge.

I used to charge my Astro E4 13000mAh with an iPad charger. I now charge it & my iPad & Android Phone & MP3 Player with a 5 Port USB Charger...

Last edited:
Use a 2A wall charger and it'll still take you close to 10 hours to charge it from 0 to 100%.

A good BMS helps....... My 10 amp 32 volt LI-ON push bike battery uses a 2A charger and takes 5¾ hours to fully charge.

I do notice the balancing at the 5 hour mark as the charger cools and the BMS does its job of balancing the cells and then the charger goes from red to green.

Last edited:
Since im as good as mentally handicapped when it comes to batteries P What do i have to keep in mind that will hurt my battery ? Too high V to high A anything else (and whats to high P)

Since im as good as mentally handicapped when it comes to batteries P What do i have to keep in mind that will hurt my battery ? Too high V to high A anything else (and whats to high P)
Just read the label on the back of the battery.
It'll tell you what's max input voltage and ampere.

Ok just looked at the back :

Input : 5V = 2 A
Output : 5V = 3 A

So if i understand it correctly input is for charging the battery so the charger i hook up to the battery may not exceed 5V and 2 A right ?

Ok just looked at the back :

Input : 5V = 2 A
Output : 5V = 3 A

So if i understand it correctly input is for charging the battery so the charger i hook up to the battery may not exceed 5V and 2 A right ?
Right, I mean yes.
If it doesn't say 'MAX', you still have to assume it's maximum.
My label has MAX on it:

DSC02166-small-max.jpg

Ok thats clear then :)

The output on my device says upto 3A so i guess it will charge whatever i plug into the battery upto its max A that the device that is being charged can handle (i hope P)

Back