Question on Parking Mode

thethreegs

Reaction score
Country
United States
How does it actually turn on? For example, say I turn on parking mode (auto events) with motion detection on. The car engine is off, so the chimes noise emits a sound and the unit is off. There is motion in front of the camera. Does it now turn on and then start recording? How do I know it is actually activated without going back and forth to the computer to see if it recorded anything. Does it go from camera off to on when motion is detected?

I would like to have it set so if someone hits my car, it turns on. Or if someone is in front of the car, it detects the motion and it takes the lowest amount of power required to just record or even take pictures of the event.

The car engine is off, so the chimes noise emits a sound and the unit is off. There is motion in front of the camera. Does it now turn on and then start recording?
When you hear the sound, the dashcam already turns off. It won't detect motions, nor turn on automatically to record when it turns off.

How do I know it is actually activated without going back and forth to the computer to see if it recorded anything. Does it go from camera off to on when motion is detected?
With setting auto event detection, the Rec led would be flashing and the screen would brighten when the dashcam starts recording due to the motion detected. But need to make sure the dashcam is turned on.

I would like to have it set so if someone hits my car, it turns on. Or if someone is in front of the car, it detects the motion and it takes the lowest amount of power required to just record or even take pictures of the event.
You need to power the dashcam to make sure it always turns on in parking mode. Then it will record when a motion is detected or a G-sensor is triggered. If you use an HK3 hardwire kit, you can set the voltage to protect the car battery.

Back