Question on posting video

TxDoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
Several months ago, I added front and rear Viofo A119S cameras to my truck.
Recently, it paid off. A lady hit me at a stop light while I was still.

I have the video stored on my phone and PC and on my Google drive.
How can I share it with the forum?
I see some people embed then in their posts, but not sure how to do that.
Where should I post that, too?

THANK you
Dr Mark

I don't know how to do it from google drive but I upload to youtube then link it to the forum

once you have a youtube vid, the share link should look like this: https : // youtu.be/ 491eiqy64ug (I've added spaces so it keeps the link from showing something else)... the group of numbers and letters you see (beginning with 491 in this example), can be copied and inserted into what I've put below, but without the spaces...

[ MEDIA=youtube] 491eiqy64ug [ / MEDIA]

Hope that helps

when you click the media icon (looks like film) above where you're typing your post it will open a popup and you can paste the URL there and it will format it accordingly to embed in the forum

sure, if you like doing things the easy way :D

Also it might be a good idea mark video as "unlisted" on youtube.
Personally i like to share videos in places i want (like here) but i don't want some randome person to find it with some randome search.

when you click the media icon (looks like film) above where you're typing your post it will open a popup and you can paste the URL there and it will format it accordingly to embed in the forum
My file, of three minutes, is just a little too large to be allowed to upload, so in still trying.
Thanks for the help, though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yeah you cant upload videos to this site and most other sites, or at least internet forum sites.
Most of us just share on youtube or similar video site, than add the link video in the pop up box when you press the "Media" icon above.

Also it might be a good idea mark video as "unlisted" on youtube.
Personally i like to share videos in places i want (like here) but i don't want some randome person to find it with some randome search.
This is what I do.
My file, of three minutes, is just a little too large to be allowed to upload
Yeah that might be a little too big to be uploaded directly to the site. If you mean to YouTube you can cut it down with a program like Registrator Viewer or DashCam Viewer
I have also used a program called VideoPad to join my front and rear camera footage into one video file. You can leave the front cam video regular size then resize the rear cam video and put it where the rear view mirror would be

bzFhaaVm.png

Here is a sort of 360 slopped together view although the timing is off just to give you an idea

My file, of three minutes, is just a little too large to be allowed to upload, so in still trying.
Thanks for the help, though.

you can't upload video directly to the site, just links to external streaming sites

you can't upload video directly to the site, just links to external streaming sites
Thank you, I'll try the link.

the group of numbers and letters you see (beginning with 491 in this example), can be copied and inserted into [ MEDIA=youtube] 491eiqy64ug [ / MEDIA]

when you click the media icon (looks like film) above where you're typing your post it will open a popup and you can paste the URL there

I'm doing it wrong. I just paste a link into my post and it works. ;)

I took a look at my google drive and it dident seem possible for me to link to a video there so it would get embedded on the forum like a youtube video.
I could get a link for sharing my video but just as a download and not like a steaming video.

That will work too now, i noticed this on a slew of forums. so maybe its some kind of update in the code that run these forums.

I just find it easiest to copy the youtube share link into the Media link how I demonstrated, each to their own :)

but then despite using registrator viewer for ages, didn't know you can actually edit clips with it :D

I don't know how to do it from google drive but I upload to youtube then link it to the forum

once you have a youtube vid, the share link should look like this: https : // youtu.be/ 491eiqy64ug (I've added spaces so it keeps the link from showing something else)... the group of numbers and letters you see (beginning with 491 in this example), can be copied and inserted into what I've put below, but without the spaces...

[ MEDIA=youtube] 491eiqy64ug [ / MEDIA]

Hope that helps

Does uploading a video of a wreck one was involved in cause any problems if you are going to court with the same video as evidence in your behalf. The minute I heard the question, this thought came to mind. I would ask your lawyer before making such evidence part of a public domain atmosphere. In all likelihood it would be OK but things happen in courts these days that can leave you in a mess before you know what's going on! Just a thought.

Yeah you cant upload videos to this site and most other sites, or at least internet forum sites.
Most of us just share on youtube or similar video site, than add the link video in the pop up box when you press the "Media" icon above.

Hi Kamkar1, just wondering, does youtube limit your resolution to some degree making it worse then what you can display on your laptop or tablet?

No youtube do not mess with the resolutions, though they will also offer up lesser resolutions, so say your uploaded a 1080p clip, then when their servers have processed it you can also choose to see that clip in 720 - 480 - 360 - 240 and even 144p thats like less than a stamp sized image.

I am not sure why they offer up those lesser resolutions, i can only assume its a bandwidth question though i have never seen any sites where its needed.

They do re - encode your video to their own format and so it take up less room on their servers, and this is what do make the youtube footage look not nearly as good as the original raw footage.
But its not like their conversion totally destroy the footage, any good raw footage will also appear like that on youtube, but it do take a hit so for judging a high end camera it is hard, and download of the raw footage will be preferred so you can see what the camera do on its own.

Which lead me to camera makers of kick ass cameras, they also peddle their product on youtube, and up in that high fidelity end of the spectrum youtube are murder on any footage, at least that's that i think.

Right after you have uploaded a file it may at first appear in lesser resolutions, this is just cuz their servers are not yet done processing it.

SO right after you pressed publish then the video might appear like 360p, but a little more chewing by their servers and soon you can see it in the 1080p or what ever format and FPS you uploaded.

Though i should say youtube dont appear to support more then 60 FPS on any resolution. i have tried to upload 1080P/120 FPS video but it only came up as 1080P/60

Does uploading a video of a wreck one was involved in cause any problems if you are going to court with the same video as evidence in your behalf. The minute I heard the question, this thought came to mind. I would ask your lawyer before making such evidence part of a public domain atmosphere. In all likelihood it would be OK but things happen in courts these days that can leave you in a mess before you know what's going on! Just a thought.

It's gonna depend on the law/requirements in your area. Here there are often videos that go viral first, before attracting the attention of a police investigation, but generally our police forces insist that footage of reportable incidents are submitted for investigation and not shared in the public domain... only this morning on one of our breakfast programs Wales has spread their campaign countrywide to have dashcam footage of incidents sent in for investigation... with any luck the rest of the UK will follow suit. My local force allow footage to be sent for investigation but they haven't declared it specifically a "campaign" as such.

They say if its in the public domain first, people make their own mind up who's guilty and whatnot, but I don't feel that actually makes any difference, if the footage is a clear unedited clip showing accurately what happened, then why should it matter that 7,000 people saw it before the police.... But I think it creates problems when an "offender" becomes the victim of vigilantes before the police even know a crime/incident took place

that works on the YouTube links, Vimeo too from memory, some of the other streaming sites I've had broken links when doing that way and have had to go back and edit and do it the other way

Back