Question re. mounting a VIOFO A119 V3

I've stuck 3M Grip Lock tape onto the self adhesive tape on the Viofo mount. Then some more Grip Lock tape where ever I want to mount the camera. You can then move it between vehicles easily (no need for second GPS mounts.)

I've done that with my Mobius cameras as well, so I can interchange the cameras as I want.
Does anyone know what 3M Grip Lock tape is? I can’t find it on Google. Is it velcro?

Does anyone know what 3M Grip Lock tape is? I can’t find it on Google. Is it velcro?

Grip Lock is a misnomer. The actual name is 3M Dual Lock Fasteners (or Dual Lock Tape) It is not Velcro but it works in a similar fashion. Instead of having hooks and loops like Velcro, it has flexible interlocking mushroom shaped stalks on both surfaces that lock together.

It is MUCH stronger than Velcro and is sometimes used instead of screws or rivets.

You can buy it at many locations such as Home Depot, Amazon, Target and hardware stores. Price depends on size, length, packaging etc. Comes in black or clear. There are actually different types available with different holding power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B005SIJY1A

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dual+lock+reclosable+fastener&i=industrial&crid=Y647S1DEMKF2&sprefix=Dual+Lock%2Cindustrial%2C109&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_9

You'll find a number of threads on the forum about 3M Dual Lock Tape if you search for them.

Velcro
hook&loop.jpg

3M Dual Lock Fasteners
duallock.jpg

dual_lock.jpg

Last edited:
I've used "3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener 250 Black" when mounting my FAA required strobe light for nighttime flying on my drones. I have not tried it with dash cameras yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for that purpose as well.

I've used "3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener 250 Black" when mounting my FAA required strobe light for nighttime flying on my drones. I have not tried it with dash cameras yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for that purpose as well.

Works great for dash cams. Many of us have been using it for years, especially if you need to remove your camera periodically and it doesn't come with a separate mounting plate.

Compared to any form of Velcro, Dual Lock is very stable and will not wobble.

Back