Question Re. Parking Mode + USB Power Banks

jimmy12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i've just bought a Viofo A139 3Ch and want to make use of the parking mode features without the use of an hardwiring kit.

My idea is to use a USB powerbank (20000mah) when the car is parked, will that work ok?

Also in parking mode, does it record constantly? as it would when powered by car (i read it just records once motion is detected) - but how does the cam know when powerbank is the power source if that makes sense

Thanks for any info

Not specific to your dash cam, just generic answer:
If you power if with a power bank, the camera will film continuously (like when you are driving).
As far as I know, if you enable parking mode, the camera turns off when you turn off the engine. Then using the internal battery, it only monitors with movement sensors, and when it detects movement, it turns on and records video for some seconds.

Use an OBD 11 power supply. I only intend to switch mine on when I park the car for a couple of hours as it provides power to the camera when the engine is switched off. You then have three different parking modes to choose from in the camera settings.

I would add that I only installed mine yesterday so can't tell you much about the pros and cons of my setup. The OBD charging unit was about £9 on amazon.

Back