Questions about mounting + weather!

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My car is parked underground 99% of the time but that's about to change.

I've got the DOD LS300W and have a few questions:

1) Any problems leaving it out all day in Canadian winter? (i.e. parking lot during 9-5 workday)
2) Likewise, any problems leaving it out in the summer?
3) I've got the suction mount but should I go with the 3M sticky mount? Will this material melt/have problems in summer heat?

Anything else I should know about/consider? :)

winter no problem, summer you might want to take it off the window on hot days if parking in full sun, will shorten the life of the battery otherwise

The 3M mount will be fine in the heat.

My car is parked underground 99% of the time but that's about to change.

I've got the DOD LS300W and have a few questions:

1) Any problems leaving it out all day in Canadian winter? (i.e. parking lot during 9-5 workday)
2) Likewise, any problems leaving it out in the summer?
3) I've got the suction mount but should I go with the 3M sticky mount? Will this material melt/have problems in summer heat?

Anything else I should know about/consider? :)
I live in Florida have have accidentally left mine on (its powered by a Li ion pack stuffed in the Visor 11,000Ma/hr gives it about 40hrs record , to hard to wire it in)in the Summer heat for hours and the temp in the Car is over 100degrees , and it worked fine. Yes it was hot and I turned it off to let it cool , but it was ok . I prefer the suction mount in case I want to move it . Don't think Cold weather will bother Electronics. Its the heat you have to worry about.

Back