Questions about new release and SG9663DCPRO

justhit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I just got into an accident and am about to push the "buy" button for the SG9663DCPRO - but I was reading around that a newer Street Guardian model will be released Spring 2019? Are there any updates on the release date on this yet? What about the price point?

Further, if I were to install SG9663DCPRO just using the cigarette plug for now, can I later purchase the hardwire kit and stop using the cigarette plug? If I were to change from cig plug to hardwire, how messy would this be? As in would I need to rip out cable covers and redo them etc etc, and I would be better off with a hardwire install off the bat?

Finally, just wondering if anyone knows which kind of fuse taps for the hardwire kit SGDCHW would I need for a 2016 Honda Civic off the top of their head. I'm not savvy at all with this, so will most likely be trying to get a professional install done, but trying to move this along as soon as possible.

Thanks!

The hardwire kit are stand alone so it replace everything power related that come with the camera.

What come out of new stuff i think are based on same hardware as in the DCPRO, but the focus will be on the DR model, which are nicer if you are into extreme stealth in your install, or maybe are waiting for a system to use as side cameras.
But in regard to front and rear image quality the DCPRO should be on par with what are to come.

fuses should be low profile mini for your car

probably better to hardwire from the get go to save doing things twice

no ETA on the DR model, we're still sorting some things before we can do production

@Street Guardian USA can help you out with anything sale related

The dual remote lens “DR” is still in final development. No ETA yet. It will have the same parking mode function and same video quality as the current models which are only a couple months old as it is. The DR will have more wires to route and install since the main DVR will go in the glove box. (A bit more complex to install) It’s not for everyone.

Yes you can add the SGDCHW at any time later on

Post a photo of a fuse from your car and we can identify.

We Recommend professional installation at your local car audio installer but we have plenty of DIY customers of course

Working with another brand dual remote system i can sign off, that install / wiring get a bit more tedious, but it are still doable for a man with regular tinkering stills, just more wires to work with and then figure out where to "hide" the main unit.
If stealth are not a problem and your windscreen mounting options are "normal" the current conventional systems should do you just fine.

Just don't set and forget your new dashcam, you will be wise to give the memory card a look over every month or two, it take about 5 - 10 minutes on the computer with a 128 GB card which are the smallest i would recommend for a dual system.

Hello,
I recently bought SG9663DCpro and after a long wait(curse India customs) finally received the product last week. As the shipment took nearly 1 month to get customs clearance and then received it later after another 2 weeks, I was so skeptical about the package and mishandling of the same. But didn't find any physical damage when I opened. I'm super happy with the purchase and dashcam is working super good. But I have two issues or rather questions on below points.

1. Though Wifi should work on 9663DCpro, I havent tried SG suggested 3rd party app like novacam (personally feeling susceptible due to app publisher location or origin of app). I still have a question is it really safe to use this app. Also Please let me know if any other 3rd party app can be used for downloading videos from dashcam. ?

2. This question is mainly for SG support. Can you let me know when the SG app will be available? I was told during Apr 1st week that it would be launched in few weeks time. Some how I feel taking the memory card out every time and copying is little tedious. Nothing more like having an app where we can copy files at ease using wifi. So from customer point of view rolling out new app with wifi support asap will be really great.

3. I have been testing cam for last 3 days. First 2 days I haven't used CPL. I see lots of dashboard reflection on the video. Though its not worse, but still am looking for glare less videos. So I have added CPL today to see if that make things better. I'm yet to see the video taken today. so apart from CPL what else I need to look for in terms of cam settings and/or position of the lens to reduce dashboard reflection?
If nothing is going to improve i'm planning to add dashboard mats. Please add your suggestion if any.

Public beta of the app should be available soon, just working on a few more changes, if you regularly copy files off though taking the card out is likely to still be preferable

Novacam is safe, it's provided by Novatek, it isn't fully configured to suit the camera though

CPL filter will help tame reflection, some vehicles are more prone than others

Back