Questions about SG9663DCPRO+

nonecked

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
I recently purchased a Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO+ camera.

I am wondering about a few things; namely:
  1. What is the best way to remove the micro SD card? I read elsewhere that this camera does not support "hot swapping" or otherwise known as taking out the micro SD memory card while the camera is still powered on / recording. What is the best procedure for safely ejecting the memory card - do I need to unplug the camera first or turn it off somehow (is it possible to turn it off while it's plugged in if I've hardwired it?)
  2. I have hardwired the camera (attached yellow cable to tap constant power fuse and red cable to tap accessory power fuse and the black to ground) and changed the settings to set “Power Input” to “3-wire”. I have updated to the latest firmware (see photo) and set the parking mode to take 30 FPS. However, I still see there is an "Auto restart" menu option that I can't turn off and I don't know what it is for. When my car is turned off, the street guardian dash cam does not have any indication that it is on or taking photos or videos and only sometimes does the red REC button blink. The screen is off and touching any other buttons doesn't do anything.
  3. Sensors - how do I know if my camera uses the new "IMX291" sensor? I have both a front and a rear camera.

If anyone can advise I would love some help! Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 4
Hello,

1) Long press and continuously hold down the power button until the dashcam turns off. Then you can eject the memory card.

2) Auto-restart only applies if you are in the settings menu and you walk away without doing anything further. It will eventually restart to begin recording again.

3) The SG9663DCPRO and newer SG9663DCPRO+ both use the IMX291 sensor in the front and rear cameras.
(only the SG9663DC from 3 years ago had a different sensor in the rear camera)

Wow, firstly, thank you so much for such a fast reply! It is truly incredible. I have had friends strongly recommend Street Guardian due to amazingly fast/responsive customer service and I am highly impressed.

1) I see, thanks. After powering it off, do I need to continuously hold the power button to turn it back on?

2) Understood. Thank you- is there a way to tell if the parking mode is turned on when my car is turned off?? The only indications I see from the camera are the red blinking REC button but the screen is turned off and touching other buttons doesn't do anything.

3) Understood. So if I bought this package from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0787HDXJK), titled "Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO+ 2020 Dual Channel Wi-Fi Dash Camera with GPS, CPL" then both the front/rear cameras have the new sensor?

4) Also one additional question. This camera package I bought comes with a GPS sensor thing. I am wondering if I need to pay extra for this service or does it come free with no additional monthly/annual charges?

RE: 1) Ah I answered my own question about the power on button to turn it back on. I just read the manual where it describes that. Apologies!

Additionally for G-sensor sensitivity, what does LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH correspond to?

Does "low sensitivity" = more force required to trigger an event, and "high sensitivity" = small things and less force can trigger an event... or do I have it backwards?

1) You can long-press again or just wait until the next time you start the engine again as well.

2) Here is how parking mode behaves. Check out this short video:
You'll see the analog clock icon appear during parking mode.

3) Correct, SG9663DCPRO+ uses IMX291 in the front AND rear cameras.

4) The GPS is a passive antenna. All it does is sync the time/date and log location data etc. There is no service or fees. (no driving directions etc)

4) Also one additional question. This camera package I bought comes with a GPS sensor thing. I am wondering if I need to pay extra for this service or does it come free with no additional monthly/annual charges?
No ongoing charges, plug it in and use it forever.

Edit: Should have know that SG would answer before I could. (y)

Does "low sensitivity" = more force required to trigger an event, and "high sensitivity" = small things and less force can trigger an event... or do I have it backwards?
yes, low sensitivity takes more force to trigger, high sensitivity takes less force to trigger

correct, low means more force is required. high means less force is required being it's at the highest sensitivity.
The default for G-Sensor is low while driving and high while parked. (two separate settings)

1) You can long-press again or just wait until the next time you start the engine again as well.

2) Here is how parking mode behaves. Check out this short video:
You'll see the analog clock icon appear during parking mode.

3) Correct, SG9663DCPRO+ uses IMX291 in the front AND rear cameras.

4) The GPS is a passive antenna. All it does is sync the time/date and log location data etc. There is no service or fees. (no driving directions etc)
Understood thank you very much for the replies!

I watched the video you posted and just went outside to test. Mine did not respond to any button presses when the car was turned off.

However, once I started up the car in accessory mode (not fully powered on) the camera started up and I saw the street guardian logo and the "loading" screen. I've attached a video to demonstrate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvc2g9ixqqy87rm/IMG_4052.MOV?dl=0 in this video the very beginning few seconds are when the car is turned off. Once you hear the beeping and see the car lights turn on around 0:07 is when I have turned on the car's accessory mode.

Once the accessory mode is activated it starts recording. And then when I turn off the car again (all from accessory mode; have never turned on the car's engine during this video), then I see the clock icon you're talking about. During this time if I tap the power button the screen powers on again and I still see the clock icon.

However, I waited in the car a few minutes more. After about 5 minutes, I no longer am able to get any response from the camera by tapping the power button.

Is this an issue with my hardwiring?

yes, low sensitivity takes more force to trigger, high sensitivity takes less force to trigger

correct, low means more force is required. high means less force is required being it's at the highest sensitivity.
The default for G-Sensor is low while driving and high while parked. (two separate settings)
Thank you guys!

Understood thank you very much for the replies!

I watched the video you posted and just went outside to test. Mine did not respond to any button presses when the car was turned off.

However, once I started up the car in accessory mode (not fully powered on) the camera started up and I saw the street guardian logo and the "loading" screen. I've attached a video to demonstrate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvc2g9ixqqy87rm/IMG_4052.MOV?dl=0 in this video the very beginning few seconds are when the car is turned off. Once you hear the beeping and see the car lights turn on around 0:07 is when I have turned on the car's accessory mode.

Once the accessory mode is activated it starts recording. And then when I turn off the car again (all from accessory mode; have never turned on the car's engine during this video), then I see the clock icon you're talking about. During this time if I tap the power button the screen powers on again and I still see the clock icon.

However, I waited in the car a few minutes more. After about 5 minutes, I no longer am able to get any response from the camera by tapping the power button.

Is this an issue with my hardwiring?
Actually oddly I just tried long pressing the power button when the car is off. Then I see the street guardian logo again and it sounds like the camera is powering on. But then I see that it has entered recording mode, not parking mode (as evidenced by a blinking red circle in the top left and no analog clock sign). So I think my constant power wiring is correct

possibly, what's the make and model of your vehicle and which circuits did you tap?
2016 Honda Civic. I tapped the #16 fuse tap for constant power and the #1 fuse tap for accessory power.

I've tapped the #16 fuse tap (door lock) before for a constantly on a more primitive dash cam with parking monitoring and it seemed to work fine so I think it is the correct fuse that provides constant power

I'll ask our install tech to check, will post back once he replies
Awesome thank you! And since I (?think?) it might be helpful here are my settings on the Street Guardian app.

Attachments

• IMG_4055.PNG
    IMG_4055.PNG
    450.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4057.PNG
    IMG_4057.PNG
    404.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4056.PNG
    IMG_4056.PNG
    395.8 KB · Views: 6
You have shutdown timer set to 5 minutes. That means it will only record parking mode for 5 minutes after you park before it shuts down.

Did you confirm you have “power input” set to 3-wire? You can only change that setting via the direct DashCam settings menu itself.

Stand by as our installer tech confirms you’ve tapped optimal circuits.

You have shutdown timer set to 5 minutes. That means it will only record parking mode for 5 minutes after you park before it shuts down.

Did you confirm you have “power input” set to 3-wire? You can only change that setting via the direct DashCam settings menu itself.

Stand by as our installer tech confirms you’ve tapped optimal circuits.
Oh snap I see. So in order for me to turn on parking mode I need to turn this "shutdown timer" option off? I only see option to set it for max of 24 hours but not longer than that. If this shutdown timer works as you are stating that would explain why, a few minutes after shutting off the car, the camera becomes unresponsive.

I do have power input set to 3-wire! Just confirmed. Thanks!

Aside question for the installer tech: I am thinking of buying another cam to install in my friend's 2021 Lexus NX 300. I don't happen to know the best circuits to tap and was wondering if your installer tech might happen to be able to advise? Would love any tips. I have attached the fuse box diagram for the 2021 Lexus NX 300 below:

Attachments

• 2016_nx200t_interior_fuse_mapping_a3da8559dbe96e11fce02fd7536430e5e3f8d542.jpg
    2016_nx200t_interior_fuse_mapping_a3da8559dbe96e11fce02fd7536430e5e3f8d542.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 4
circuits you've tapped are fine, just check the menu settings as suggested, sounds like they needed adjusting

anything Toyota is easy, won't be a problem, I don't think we have date on the 2021 version yet but shouldn't be a problem when the time comes

Back