Questions about the purchasing the DR650S-2CH IR MicroSD and Cable?

Should I purchase MicroSD from BlackVue or somewhere else?

• Total voters

Ferginator

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had some questions as I was not sure if it would be cheaper to get these pieces else where.

The first thing is they want to know what memory capacity I want and the price jumps $73 for a 128GB but I can find brand new ones for less online at other places like Walmart, Best Buy, Micro Center, etc is there any benefit to getting them from BlackVue? Is there some special software loaded on to it already or that you need some special type of MicroSD on the device or does it not matter and you can buy your own?

Also when they ask for cable length. is that all together or for each Coaxial cable?

they're fussy about what cards they will work with, other cards may be cheaper but that won't help if the camera won't work with it

they're fussy about what cards they will work with, other cards may be cheaper but that won't help if the camera won't work with it
damn, i saw some good ones for $20 cheaper. but i dont want to buy them if they dont work lol

Hi

There is only one coax cable with the cam, and unless you have an extra long vehicle, it should be sufficient. All the cams should come with the Blackvue supplied basic 16gb sd card and it'll be set up to run your cam. Be very careful what other sd cards you buy. There are plenty of posts about the best, and the worst, cards. Do you need a 128gb card? I've been running with a Delkin 375x 64gb card for over 2 years, and I sometimes swap it with my Blackvue 16gb card.

Good luck

John

Hi

There is only one coax cable with the cam, and unless you have an extra long vehicle, it should be sufficient. All the cams should come with the Blackvue supplied basic 16gb sd card and it'll be set up to run your cam. Be very careful what other sd cards you buy. There are plenty of posts about the best, and the worst, cards. Do you need a 128gb card? I've been running with a Delkin 375x 64gb card for over 2 years, and I sometimes swap it with my Blackvue 16gb card.

Good luck

John
ya i just need a camera that can basically almost run 24 hours. when driving to work n back and also when its parked at home. someone, who actually lives in the residence, took his anger out on my car. I don't talk to anyone at my residence so whoever thus I need a camera with enough room to hold about a good amount of space. unless you think I don't need it. Hoping eventually with the camera i can catch whoever is trying to do this if he tries it again.

To run for 24 hours, you may have to buy an additional battery pack.

I thought you might, that's why you may need another battery pack. The PMP will run forever, but will your car battery? Is the battery condition good enough to provide power to the cam for 12+ hours overnight, probably more at weekends, and still start the car?

"If the voltage drops below the configured voltage, the product automatically cuts the power to the vehicle drive recorder to prevent the battery of the vehicle becoming excessively discharged".

I thought you might, that's why you may need another battery pack. The PMP will run forever, but will your car battery? Is the battery condition good enough to provide power to the cam for 12+ hours overnight, probably more at weekends, and still start the car?

"If the voltage drops below the configured voltage, the product automatically cuts the power to the vehicle drive recorder to prevent the battery of the vehicle becoming excessively discharged".
Ya if it does come down to that i will have to let it drop off. i only need about 12 hours recording, just when I'm asleep and to be able to record while on the road. on the road i need ot to record while driving and for when im parked with motion and vibration when at work or home or anywhere else, i need a park mode to record. i was considering getting one long ago, but stupid me kept putting it off and someone keyed my mustang. Worst part is, it was someone in my apartment complex as no one else could have been able to access the parking area that didn't live there. yet the apartment complex wont install cams themselves even after what happened. no beef with anyone so i dont know why someone would do it. and i dont want to keep paying for new paint jobs because some guy is going to keep possibly coming back to do it again. it wasnt just a simple key either. this was done with something extremely shard like a knife or a power drink as it chipped the paint away and dug into the metal frame. drew a nice F on my car, real big. And he did it in broad daylight to, so who ever it was they were very confident in not getting caught. So I have no choice, I need a dashcam to keep my car under surveillance and my car is in no position for me to clearly put a camera on to record from afar, or very clearly for that matter. So I need something that has the capability to record for long periods, both driving and in park and access the camera remotely so i can save files to my pc from the cloud from it. so far blackvue seems best at all of it. i have yet to see anyone have the same things they offer but for less and more reliable. if they were, id go for that. i hate to spend $500 for all this but i need it

Remember a dashcam will only record what is in front of it. So if your "friend" approaches from the side he can do what he likes and neither a front or rear camera will see it. What you need is an external camera that can view the area the car is in. There are several types of camera that can do this and probably for less than $500. I realise you said that the car is in an area where that wouldnt work but there must be somewhere a covert camera can be put to watch the car

Remember a dashcam will only record what is in front of it. So if your "friend" approaches from the side he can do what he likes and neither a front or rear camera will see it. What you need is an external camera that can view the area the car is in. There are several types of camera that can do this and probably for less than $500. I realise you said that the car is in an area where that wouldnt work but there must be somewhere a covert camera can be put to watch the car
I wish, trust me. the place I live at is making me want to move out. they say they will help the police in any way but literally do nothing. They won't increase their security, they won't get security cameras, they won't even let me put up a flyer for a reward to catch the person. they are also giving me a problem for putting a camera in front of my window that just barely overlooks the parking lot where only 1 area I can park that I can see my car and i tried putting a camera and parked my car there and the neighbors are demanding I remove the camera because they feel I'm spying on their doorway. they are not letting me do anything to monitor my car at all. So basically doing the PR stunt of saying "we will do anything to help catch the guy that did this and work with the police" and then literally say no to everything, as if they want this person to have an easy time to do it again. I posted pictures here, and as you can see. Irvine loves to load the place with tress to make it impossible to see. its rather annoying. If it happens a second time, and my dash cam can't catch them. I'll have to move. I lived in Santa ana for years and never had anyone mess with my mustang. I move to irvine, the safest city in the US they claim, and I get my car severely damaged with some sort of power tool or knife and literally, no one wants to do anything. police say they have nothing to run on and the apartment complex has show that they are not willing to do anything about it but pretend they will. So if it does, I'll have to move out to a place that can promise actual security. I am at this point forced to have to do this. There are unfortunately lots of messed up people where i live. one of my neighbors gets hostile if people are too close to his car or park next to it. we have a neighbor that complains if they hear the slightest creek and we have teens on skateboards playing around the carport. so lots of suspects but no one i can prove did anything. Also i need a dash cam because i live in Cali. If you know cali, its lawsuit capital. everyone is a dumb driver, lots of accidents and i have gone over 10 years without ever getting into an accident since i started driving and i know one day my number will be up and when it does, i need to make sure i can protect myself from the need for speed idiots that don't signal and zip through weaving in n out of traffic. Just the other day to work, so guy did a poor excuse of tying down furniture on the back of a pickup and it came loose and cars were swearing all over the road trying to dodge furniture flying off and the guy was ignoring everyone and would refuse to pull over and just started driving faster when people we screaming for him to pull over. I was dodging chairs and cushions and ya it was pretty bad. and all these idiots behind him were not getting out of the way, they were like "oh thats okay, let them fly off. I'll keep driving as normal". i couldnt get close to focus on his number as i was more focused on the road. That dashcam would of come handy at night

If i didn't have to worry about my car being parked and was safe, i would only be getting a dash cam for the streets when driving. But I have been unfortunately forced into this position.

Last edited:
Back