Questions from a new owner of A119 V3

1080 just puts a black band top and bottom. The native is still 1440 I think.

Just cuts out excessive sky and dash/bonnet/hood

Hi all!

I've just purchased a new A119 v3 camera, and I have a few questions:

1. During the night, all license plates on the video appear blown out (all white): they seem to be too reflective. CPR doesn't seem to have any effect on that. Is this normal or do I have a bad camera? (see the snapshot)

2. During the night time the camera constantly catches a reflection of the console display (radio etc.) in the windshield (see the snapshot). (CPR doesn't seem to have any effect) Any suggestions?

3. I see that while I was setting it up, I must have pushed some button and ended up having two photos in DCIM/Photo. How can you take a still shot? (I was not doing any time-series) I couldn't find that option in the manual.

4. Is there a way to save a frame from within the camera, without attaching the camera to a computer?
Have you been able to resolve the issues you had?

You can take an instant 'photo' with a button press. I seem to do it quite frequently, by accident, when I'm making menu adjustments. Nothing to worry about.

As far as night washed out number plates are concerned, we all get it. No real answer with high closing speeds and the dark.

When I ran 1080 on my Civic, no, seemed the same but letterbox.

On my new car it completely dimmed/dulled the footage so I opened it up to 1440 which corrected it.

I've since moved the mount, as already mentioned, and I've reset back to 1080.

Don't expect a test reply as I'm not expecting my next journey to be for a couple of weeks.

1080 just puts a black band top and bottom. The native is still 1440 I think.
No. Again!
The image is cropped, not added black bars over the 1440.
2560x1080 means the image is cropped from 2560x1440. The difference from 1440 to 1080 just does not exists! It is removed!

Have you been able to resolve the issues you had?

Sorry, I had some travels (by air), so, I couldn't play with the camera for a while. Below is quick summary.

1. During the night, all license plates on the video appear blown out (all white): they seem to be too reflective. CPR doesn't seem to have any effect on that. Is this normal or do I have a bad camera? (see the snapshot)

This is still hit and miss. I've repositioned the camera. Tilting the camera slightly lower may have helped somewhat in the way that there is less flare from the light sources and from the bright license plates. I am guessing, the could have been something with the angle of the windshield that was contributing to those overblown highlights.

(I have some physics/optics-based ideas, but I won't go that deep here, as those are just speculations, and I don't have much time to experiment with the camera to confirm them.)

2. During the night time the camera constantly catches a reflection of the console display (radio etc.) in the windshield (see the snapshot). (CPR doesn't seem to have any effect) Any suggestions?
Repositioning the camera and tilting slightly down seem to have got rid of that. At least, I no longer see it in the recent footage.

3. I see that while I was setting it up, I must have pushed some button and ended up having two photos in DCIM/Photo. How can you take a still shot? (I was not doing any time-series) I couldn't find that option in the manual.
Figured that out. Thanks to all who suggested the button. :)
4. Is there a way to save a frame from within the camera, without attaching the camera to a computer?
That doesn't seem to be possible.

I would like to thank everybody who contributed - for the suggestions!

Back