Questions regarding DR500 Cam

penyekz

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all, just installed this cam yesterday and got a few questions that aren't clear from the manual.

1. When in parking mode (which is supposed to switch after 10 mins of no activity), does it continue to record? I checked the logs this morning and there are 2 minute recordings classed as "P" from say 1-2 am, 4-6 am. I only want event recordings and not parking recordings. How to set this up?

Auto switch to parking mode is already enabled.

2. What are your sensitivity settings?

3. Does the GPS light continue to light up even though I have turned off speed?

4. I've already turned off voice recording but it still seems to be recording sound. Is this a bug?

penyekz said:
Hi all, just installed this cam yesterday and got a few questions that aren't clear from the manual.

1. When in parking mode (which is supposed to switch after 10 mins of no activity), does it continue to record? I checked the logs this morning and there are 2 minute recordings classed as "P" from say 1-2 am, 4-6 am. I only want event recordings and not parking recordings. How to set this up?

Auto switch to parking mode is already enabled.

2. What are your sensitivity settings?

3. Does the GPS light continue to light up even though I have turned off speed?

4. I've already turned off voice recording but it still seems to be recording sound. Is this a bug?

Depends how you wire it up You need to have a Power Magic or similar if you use parking mode as you will run the battery flat if you leave it on for an extended period.

It only records in parking mode it it gets a bump and goes to sleep otherwise.

In the sensitivity page in setup it allows you to alter the settings for each state IE driving and parking. It also allows you to set the recording time from 1 to 3 min segmennts

It also gives you alternatives for time or volume recording as in the box to the right I use time as its normally parked at home and only has park mode for an hour.
If you use the box I would set it to the 60-20-20 setting as that means 60% for driving 20 for events and 20 for parking events.

The GPS will always work as its supposed to. its best to have speed enabled as otherwise how can you talk your way out of a speeding ticket.

It WILL overwrite "EVENTS" eventually even though the manual says it wont.

Voice recording should be off if you did that, however you must "SAVE" the settings for them to work.

My sensitivity settings for driving are at 50% and the parking at about 80% of allowable maximum. The volume is 100% If you want no audio recording turn the volume right down.
IF you are unsure go to the Pittasoft site and download the manual

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR500GW-HD 4
Back