Questions Viofo A129 Pro - 4K

gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
There are a few questions.
1. When you hold the Mick button for a short time, while the video recording is off, the memory card icon with the arrow on the left of the screen turns on, what does this icon mean?
2. Switching the PAL / NTSK mode, for what?

3. TS video format for 129 PRO is inactive?
4. How to upgrade to H265

IMG_20190908_110620.jpg

Last edited:
PAL/NTSC will be for the analog AV output signal
When switching to recording, does it have any effect?
Other questions, is there an answer?

PAL/NTSC is only for the AV output, it won't affect the recording, other questions I don't know, have never seen this model

Reactions: gse
1. When you hold the Mick button for a short time, while the video recording is off, the memory card icon with the arrow on the left of the screen turns on, what does this icon mean?
4. How to upgrade to H265
Holding the Mick button for a short time, when the video recording is off, the memory card icon with the arrow on the left of the screen turns on:
The recorder switches to high-performance video encoding mode H265
8f1999d9f60be30f919eaddf6164a03a.gif

Last edited:
PAL/NTSC is only for the AV output, it won't affect the recording, other questions I don't know, have never seen this model
I don't know how about Viofo but some manufactures uses this option to set 25fps or 30fps for video in general (not just for AV output).

As you have found, holding MIC switches between h264 and h265.

I'm not aware of a TS recording option.

As you have found, holding MIC switches between h264 and h265.
When there is no information, in Russian it is called: “method of scientific poking”

Last edited:
Holding the Mick button for a short time, when the video recording is off, the memory card icon with the arrow on the left of the screen turns on:
The recorder switches to high-performance video encoding mode H265
It means use different codec and lower bitrate to save card space.

Any details about buffered parking mode?
It is the same as on the A129 Duo, it has buffered, low bitrate and timelapse.

I prefer the low bitrate since you have everything recorded and no possibility of missing something, the advantage of buffered is that it uses a higher bitrate for better image quality, but it is normally hard to see any difference in image quality, and in fact the low bitrate bitrate increases whenever there is action and so image quality isn't actually inferior.

Apologies if this has been answered before. I did a quick forum and Google search but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Could the upcoming A129 Pro be hardwired to an external dash cam battery like the Blackvue B124 or Cellink Neo?

I have a Thinkware F800 Pro and have it hardwired (with a spliced cable from a well known dash cam retailer) to the car (fuse) and then a Blackvue B124 for dual channel operation off the battery and it works great.

Could the upcoming A129 Pro be hardwired to an external dash cam battery like the Blackvue B124 or Cellink Neo?
if your battery has the three wire output then yes it would work with the three wire hardwire kit for the camera

Can I use the GPS mount from the regular A129 Duo for this new A129 Pro - 4K?
Thanks

They said they are different
I plan to install my A129 Duo for now then upgrade to the 4K later (might be next Summer) but it seems I have to get the new GPS mount.
Thanks

How do I know whether I got the old or new GPS mount in my A129 bundle?
If your serial number fall within these numbers, then you should have the new GPS. If your able to use the 3-wire kit and automatic parking mode while power is plugged into the mount, then you should have the new GPS mount.

A129 Duo-G: A129DG19143031- A129DG19144040
A129 Duo-G: A129DG19190001- A129DG19192020

Back