Questions with my new Dome D201

Justin89

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

Just purchased a new Dome and have some questions with settings.

Is there a way to manually override the brightness and contrast?

Is there a way to make the screen shut off but still record? Its kind of distracting at night.

Sometimes the LED indicator light flashes red/blue and sometimes flashes red only. Why?

Finally the loop recording. I installed a small TF card just for testing purposes. Twice now it stops recording when the card is full and I get a solid red indicator light. Sometimes it works normal and loop records. I don't trust it entirely. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

For testing the loop feature, only 2 GB card.
Normally running a 128 Gb uhs 1

Thanks. I'll keep using the larger one then.
Any ideas on the other issues I'm having?

Led colour will change depending on the charge state of the battery

Look for a screen saver option in the menu to have the screen go off

Brightness and contrast are probably not adjustable

I didn't see anything on screen saver settings.
Thanks for the other help.

I have this dashcam. Yes, you can have screen shut off and still record. Don't recall what they call the setting in the menu. It will flash blue/red when battery is charging and flash red only when fully charged. If it's solid red, then it is no longer recording and there is an issue.

Hi,

Just purchased a new Dome and have some questions with settings.
Congratulation on your new purchase.
Is there a way to manually override the brightness and contrast?
No manual override support.
Is there a way to make the screen shut off but still record? Its kind of distracting at night.
Under system setting>backlight off setting> change to your desire mode.
Sometimes the LED indicator light flashes red/blue and sometimes flashes red only. Why?
red/blue means device is charging and recording. Red recording with full batt.
Finally the loop recording. I installed a small TF card just for testing purposes. Twice now it stops recording when the card is full and I get a solid red indicator light. Sometimes it works normal and loop records. I don't trust it entirely. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

Back