Quick 70mai Pro ADAS review

tripleaardvark

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been using this dashcam for a week, and I haven't been able to activate any of the ADAS scenarios until yesterday. Not that I haven't been trying. The lane departure warning simply doesn't work. I think you'd have to be going right off the road before you got a warning. I have wandered out of my lane, swerved out of my lane, and weaved back and forth (only on an empty highway). Nothing.

The forward proximity warning is probably not something I'll ever hear. I just can't get into that kind of dangerous situation.

The warning that the car ahead of you is moving works well, but is a dangerous feature in my opinion. It enables people who text and drive to completely take their eyes off the road at red lights. Don't text (or Facebook or Snapchat or whatever) and drive.

The warning comes in the form of a short tone and a voice telling you that the car ahead is moving.

I probably didn't need to get this add-on, but it wasn't very expensive so I just did it.

I have this cam, but i cant switch tone for the adas warning, where can i?in the screen i see the lane departure warning with red line, and the proximity warning too....

Strangely, I found that the two cameras I bought had different settings out of the box. Different screen off times, etc. So maybe the voice is turned off. I'd have to go back through the settings to see if that's an option.

Please, if you can, write the menu, where i can switch. its 1.04 firmware, english.

I have been using this dashcam for a week, and I haven't been able to activate any of the ADAS scenarios until yesterday. Not that I haven't been trying. The lane departure warning simply doesn't work. I think you'd have to be going right off the road before you got a warning. I have wandered out of my lane, swerved out of my lane, and weaved back and forth (only on an empty highway). Nothing.

The forward proximity warning is probably not something I'll ever hear. I just can't get into that kind of dangerous situation.

The warning that the car ahead of you is moving works well, but is a dangerous feature in my opinion. It enables people who text and drive to completely take their eyes off the road at red lights. Don't text (or Facebook or Snapchat or whatever) and drive.

The warning comes in the form of a short tone and a voice telling you that the car ahead is moving.

I probably didn't need to get this add-on, but it wasn't very expensive so I just did it.

lane departure works with speed over 80km/h mate...
i regards to warnings, on mines just voice announcement, without any beeps, are you sure about that?
cheers

lane departure works with speed over 80km/h mate...
i regards to warnings, on mines just voice announcement, without any beeps, are you sure about that?
cheers

Having used it a while longer, I think the tone I heard must have been from a radio commercial or something, because it's definitely only voice. Also the lane departure warning works, but only during the day. Up until recently all my driving was night driving.

sávváltás

Attachments

• 20190201_151959.jpg
    20190201_151959.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 77
Having used it a while longer, I think the tone I heard must have been from a radio commercial or something, because it's definitely only voice. Also the lane departure warning works, but only during the day. Up until recently all my driving was night driving.
I've checked my lane guidance and it works well even during the night (with LED headlights on) so I guess it combines speed reading from GPS module with camera view

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I've checked my lane guidance and it works well even during the night (with LED headlights on) so I guess it combines speed reading from GPS module with camera view

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yes! Works well!!

Hi Guys,
I am new with this model and really like the way that ADAS is working but it seems that the distance too close to be able to have warning. Is there anyway that we can have the collision warning earlier?

Thanks.

Hello, we really love ADAS! :)
Kids are always try to say the warnings information earlier than the Dash Cam. :)

Warning message always comes when I change lane (on the motorway or during overtaking).

Hello again,

I have new information about ADAS. I took off Cam from my windscreen. After I took back the ADAS has been not working. It is not calibration and it is do not work absolutely.
Has anyone some information what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hello again,

I have new information about ADAS. I took off Cam from my windscreen. After I took back the ADAS has been not working. It is not calibration and it is do not work absolutely.
Has anyone some information what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.
You need to mount the cam back with GPS module inserted. Get on setting and visit ADAS to turn it back on. It might require you to do calibration but normally not. I did it few times when I tried to watch the videos.

I inserted the cam back to the GPS module and I turned on the ADAS function in advanced settings. I wanted to start calibration but I read that it happens automatically. Unfortunately I could not start it manually. So I have no any idea but I do not give up. :)

it should work right away,
anyways, try this:
power dashcam off
plug gps module in - ensure that it 'clicks', otherwise it wont work, had the same issue when started using it
power dashcam on

I think gps module plugged in correctly because I can enable ADAS. Today morning I disable ADAS directly on the Cam (not via app) and after that enable. After that cam is start the calibration. I do not know it is work, after work I will see clear. :)
Thank your answer @stuff.hunter

I am back... Everything working well, maybe I have to move up. It is under the mirror at the moment...
Thanks a lot of support.

Back