Quick Dash charger

JacobJacob

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Would it be safe to use a Quck Dash charger as opposed to the one that came with the dash cam?
Sometimes, I need my phone charged quickly and would prefer leaving the Quick Dash, but the concern is whether or not this would have any impact on the camera internals at all?

Thanks

As a direct answer to your question, but see below.
A fast charger will only supply the correct voltage/current capability IF the device being charged 'tells it' that it is compatible with fast charging.
A fast charger will charge a non-fastcharge device OK because it won't switch into fast charge mode.
But don't expect, like loads of peeps, it to charge a non-fastcharge device any faster than a normal charger.

BUT. AND IT'S A BIG BUTT ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. The 750 does NOT have a battery to charge and runs with a 12V (NOT 5V) supply.
So have you posted in the wrong section of the forums??

You're right, I didn't bother to look at the elephant in the room. Hmmm, I guess I'll stick with the charger that came with the unit.
Not a huge deal, it was just a matter of convenience for me, having not to swap out the different chargers.

QC chargers dont pump 9 / 12 V into your devise if it dosent ask for it, in that case it just act as a regular charger.

Only my phones ( current and past ) quick charge,,,,, at home where that almost never happen, in the car where i mainly charge my phone i have it on a regular charger providing 2.4 A so it still charge okay fast.

It's not a charger, it's just a power supply. The 750 has no battery to charge.
I can't get my head around what you intend to swap anyway. The BV 750 has a coaxial power socket, and your phone will be one of the multiplicity of USB and Apple connectors. So one end of any lead is incompatible with the other device so you would have to swap at the ciggy lighter end anyway.

It sounds to me like you would benefit from a hard wire kit for the 750.

Back