Quick fix for CF-100 loose mount

Rabidcat77

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackSys CF-100
On one of the CF-100's that I own, the screw-on part of the mount simply will not tighten enough to keep the camera from moving around. It started happening after a couple weeks. The other unit that I have doesn't exhibit this issue at all.

I fixed this by cutting off the bottom third of a sticky note. I then folded it lengthwise in half. Then, I folded it over itself enough times to roughly form a square shape that would fit in the socket. I put this into the socket, tightened up the nut, and voila! No more moving around. It seems pretty solid actually.

I was afraid that perhaps it might transfer too much vibration from my car to the video itself and/or record lots of g-shock events, however this doesn't appear to be the case (and I tend to take turns and things pretty quick ;)

Howdy neighbor! I'm across the big city directly south of you on the edge of town. I don't know any other dashcam folks here nor have I seen any except a few on 85 from out-of-state.

Good fix on the mount, I was considering one of those cams for my side and rear cams. May stiil get one when my 'project truck' gets finished.

Phil

Nice to see someone else from the Upstate! Yes, I'm very pleased with this camera. It's significantly cheaper than other Front+rear camera setups, but you don't have to sacrifice much. Once you get it set up initially you don't have to fiddle with it at all - very reliable so far. My wife recorded a small plane landing at the downtown airport while she was driving down 385 South. Perfect timing as she caught it on the front cam and then the rear cam. Her facebook friends thought it was the coolest thing... :)

If you see an orange and white Camaro with a couple dog bones on the back, make sure to wave - that's me. I'll get it on camera, hah hah! Good luck with the truck!

You can hardly miss my 91 Ford extended van. In back you'll see this:
p8240029-jpg.25527

I don't get up that way much but I'll keep an eye out for you. I have a friend in Mauldin who runs one of the Garmin cams, he bought without me knowing his plans. Theirs is an early 00's red Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan with a Skywarn sticker in back. So there's at least 3 of us dashcammers around- not many fr a metro ares as big as GSP!

Phil

I went to tighten mine a few weeks ago after taking it down to clean the lens, and the nut actually snapped into 3 pieces! Thankfully I had a spare from the camera I accidentally fried, but that plastic probably got brittle in the heat.

On my 1st CF-100 nut snapped in half in two places. I used epoxy glue + jubilee clip around the nut. Since then its rock solid.

Back