Quick Question! YI USB file transfer

themapples

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,

I am in need of a car recorder for my project (my G1WH failed me ) and I'm about to buy YI dash cam. I'm really in a hurry here, I plan on picking new cam first thing tomorrow morning, so if any owner could help me out you'd be helping me a bunch. I've seen sample footage and review and Yi looks like a good choice. I've got only one speficic need: I need to cam to act as usb drive/card reader as soon as it's conneted to PC, without clicking any button. How does it act ? Are files accessible as soon as you connect USB to PC ?

I've got relay switch on power/data of USB cable cam is going to be connected to and I want to be able to turn it into USB mode without pressing anything on cam itself, is it possible ?

Thanks!

1) -Almost sample footage in internet were fake. The real footage is not good as you have been seen.
2) with a adapter memory card. You can read any memory card you want:
otg_street_guardian_main.jpg

Hi, my cam arrived and I can confirm my own question - YI goes to USB mode as soon as you connect it to PC (without clicking anything on cam itself).
In my case that means that using raspberry PI and relay switch on DATA+ allows me to remotely access data on cam or turn it on in recording mode.

As for quality im satisfied, it even seems to look slighlty better than samples on youtube (probably due to codecs).

Back