Quick release connector for front and rear camera

Solllsolll

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, can anyone help me with this, is it possible that i cut my hardwiring cable and rear usb cable into half and attach connectors to thm? I need to remove the cameras daily at work, as cameras are not allowed there. The access to remove and install the cables are a pain. Thank you

Your best option would be to get a system where the wires attach to the mounting plate / base, in which case you could just slide the camera off the mount when you get to work.
But when the cables are plugged into the camera and with a situation like yours it do become annoying to have to deal with.

Yea.. Anyway around it. Suggestions? I dont see cables on mounting before

Viofo do that on most of their cameras i think and also have the GPS antenna build into the mounting plate., but that's just the front one, but if they still use the same rear camera housing and wire option as SG do on their cameras the rear camera should also unplug and slide off mount easy, but the rear camera do wire into the camera housing itself.
Come to think about it i do think the rear camera of the viofo A 129 DUO plug into the front camera itself and not the base too like the power for the system., but at least you just have 1 wire to disconnect in that case.
I cant remember if its the same with the A129 PRO 4K model, but i would assume its much the same.
151308-gadgets-buyer-s-guide-viofo-dash-cam-a129-pro-duo-review-image1-7a3pfprsk0.jpg

The rear camera in my car, with a similar housing.
img_20180412_191820-jpg.37452

Oh okay! Btw does anyone know anything about the micro usb cable that goes to the rear camera? Are they otg cables?

The cables do use regular mini USB plugs, or my SG camera do, it is possible the viofo use micro USB, but the pinout are "special", also they are 10 wires where a regular USB wire are just 5 wires, so you cant just buy a USB extension wire.
It is a common thing with many cameras using micro or mini USB, and the + and - 5V might also be the same place as in regular USB standard, but everything else can be different and more wires can be used.

you can't put connectors in the middle of the camera cables
I tend to agree with Jokiin here. If it adds to much resistance you can lose the camera video and also you end up with a small part of the cable not being shielded for Radio interference.

Can't think of a perfect solution. The rear camera can be unplugged and removed from it's bracket if you point the lens 180 degrees away from the sticky base so that can be easily removed. The front can obviously be unplugged too but that is the most fiddly model to keep doing!

Attachments

• Rear Camera Removal.jpg
    Rear Camera Removal.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 8
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maddog1974 F770 5
Back