Quick review of the Snoppa Go handheld gimbal

Biker

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Snoppa go, rear.jpg

After having reviewed two Feiyutech Summon gimbal cameras this summer, one worse than the other with heavy motor noise and defunct stabilization (check here
), I have been looking for an alternative.

Acquired a Snoppa Go gimbal ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/182261329792 ) which at first sight seemed to be a perfect solution. It can use cameras with the GoPro form factor equivalent up to Hero 4, can control and also supply Hero with power and has an inbuilt video light.

Instead of the terrible motor noise from the Summon the Snoppa Go has very quiet motors, you have to crank up the playback volume to the max to be able to hear them in the recording. It is easy to handle, driven by an 18650 battery which can be charged by its Micro USB port.

I have tested it with a SJCAM SJ4000 and a Rollei Actioncam 430, you can see a video here
It is recorded in 2560x1440 (2K) 60fps with a Rollei Actioncam 430
https://www.rollei.com/products/film-and-video/actioncams/rollei-actioncam-430,p313126
mounted on the Snoppa Go Handheld gimbal and very quickly edited with Microsofts Movie Maker.

Unfortunately the Snoppa Go could not be calibrated fully horizontally, regardless of what camera (GoPro or the same format cameras) that was used.

In Pan Track mode it does not lock the camera in horizontal position, when I move the gimbal the camera can swing from left to right uncontrollable. Extremely annoying!
The Pan Track mode can only tilt, panning does not work!

None of my Win computers (XP, Win7, 8.1 or 10) can recognize the gimbal, software update when/if available cannot be performed.

The European seller and the Snoppa manufacturer does not respond to emails with questions regarding the above malfunctions, the Snoppa company returns after a long wait with unuseful information.

The conclusion is that the Snoppa Go is not ready as a product yet, nor is the Snoppa Technology Co., Ltd. homepage and customer service. But the Go really does shows good signs of being a useful tool if Snoppa can fix the above mentioned problems.

Attachments

• Snoppa go, rear.jpg
    Snoppa go, rear.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mtz
Back