Quick way to move files from this cam to a portable drive without taking out the sd card or removing cam from the mount?

Bubs

Reaction score
Country
United States
I drive Uber & at the end of a long night, I'd rather not try to remove the sd card & accidentally drop it somewhere in the car, or remove the cam from the mount & have to bring it back. Is there a way to transfer files from the cam to a portable drive? Or some other more quick efficient way to get these files off the cam?

Thanks!

I'd say your best approach would be to have 2 cards and swap them when you park. Then you can either transfer the files while you sleep or do it in the morning when you're less fatigued. I like having an extra card in the car and keep it in an adapter, with that in it's little shipping case. Much easier to carry it inside without risk of loss that way. Another trick isto hold a hat or cup where a card will land should you slip while ejecting it so you don't lose the little bugger. Unfortunately the wifi download functions of dashcams are still slow compared to other devices and sometimes that needs to be set up manually every time you do it, so pulling the SD card is still much faster and often easier too.

Presuming you've got an N2 Pro- what do you think of it? Mine is currently doing primary front cam duty in my workvan.

Phil

Back