Quiet beeping in audio until Save button pressed? (A119S V2)

Synergist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup Git2 Pro, VIOFO A119S V2
I was listening back to some recordings recently using headphones, and I noticed that there's a quiet, regular beeping present in the audio of recorded files.

It's not a beep like the beeps you get when you press the buttons (I have the button sounds disabled anyway), it's a much lower level and a different pitch.

However, as soon as the Save button is pressed, the beeping stops. The rest of the file doesn't have the beeping sound either.

You do need to have the volume turned up quite high to hear this (and be using good hadphones). Anybody know the reason for this?

I was listening back to some recordings recently using headphones, and I noticed that there's a quiet, regular beeping present in the audio of recorded files.

It's not a beep like the beeps you get when you press the buttons (I have the button sounds disabled anyway), it's a much lower level and a different pitch.

However, as soon as the Save button is pressed, the beeping stops. The rest of the file doesn't have the beeping sound either.

You do need to have the volume turned up quite high to hear this (and be using good hadphones). Anybody know the reason for this?
Do you have beeps turned off in the settings? If so, turn beeps on and see if you still get those soft/low beeps.

Which make/model/size memory card are you using? Some of the generic/cheap ones can cause noises durring the write process.

It could also be electrical noise from the switching power supply-- the camera's power consumption might change when it's saving the file, which might change the power supply's noise characteristics.

Try plugging it into a different USB power supply (eg, your phone's charger) and see if the noise stops, or is different.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A119S 16
Back