Qvia AR790 2CH continuously restarting (RESOLVED)

bridgerider

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed with no issues a little over a month ago. Everything functioned normally for a few weeks until I started the car one day and received the "Recording started" welcome message every 20 -30 seconds. I could not connect to the unit via WiFi (because it kept restarting), so I pulled the MicroSD card (Samsung EVO 128gb) and plugged it into my PC -- turns out the card was full.

At first I thought that the system was not overwriting old files, so I put in an empty Qvia 32gb MicroSD card (the one that came with the unit originally) and it started working normally again. Until today. That card was also full, so I pulled it out, did a full reformat on my PC, copied over the latest .bin file with firmware v3.05 and dropped it back in. The firmware update completed successfully and then the format process also completed successfully. I then heard the "Recording started" welcome message ... but then it started repeating every 20-30 seconds, as was the case before.

So, now it appears that the unit is continuously restarting even though the MicroSD card (the Qvia branded one) is newly formatted with the latest firmware installed. What else could be going wrong here? Help?

check your power source, memory card or poor power supply are the two most common causes of problems

So, it turns out that it was a loose connection to the rear camera as per the FAQ here. Working normally now. Roads are bumpy around here and the plug isn't that tight, so it must have worked its way loose over the course of several weeks.

Also, for reference, I installed firmware v3.0.7, released April 3, 2017.

Hi...glad i found this! I just installed mine and have the same issue!

I tested the wiring; the GPS light is purple, so I know the ACC and Batt and ground wires are properly connected.

GPS and Wifi keeps dropping so I can't even log into the app....the first night i could but the device kept saying to reformat. So i reformatted and now it just keeps saying "drive safe, recording starting".

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this?

I have not hooked up my rear cam yet...but i doubt this is causing the issue...or could it be since it's a 2 channel?

thanks...new to dash cams.

Sorry, i should add, that the GPS and wifi LEDS will periodically turn blue, but then all the LEDs will go back to purple...is this the device restarting?

this is a frustrating camera

It's the rear camera. The AR790 requires that the rear camera is also connected properly in order for the unit to work correctly. My unit works fin with both front and rear plugged in, but as soon as I unplug the rear I experience the same issues you are encountering. Even if you do not mount the rear camera, just plug it in and see if your problems resolve.

Thanks! I read your initial post and it finally occurred to me that not connecting the rear may be the issue. That's weird tho...assume they should operate independently. I haven't hooked up the rear yet since the grommet to get the wiring through is really tight. lol

thanks again
!

Hi Everyone,

So I am glad I found this site as I was pulling my hair out (dont even have any) as to why my Qvia AR790 2CH was cycling through the start up every 30 seconds as some of you have experienced. Well after buying a new SD card which was not the problem.....thanks to local walmart for returning my opened SD package......it was the front camera cord that popped out causing the issue. Are you kidding me! LOL! Works like a hot dam now! Thanks everyone.

Back