Qvia AR790 disassembled, how to extend camera connector with cable?

brigadir

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
First of all, here is how the dashcam looks disassembled:
IMG_3129.JPGIMG_3130.JPGIMG_3131.JPGIMG_3133.JPGIMG_3134.JPGIMG_3136.JPGIMG_3137.JPG
Worthy to mention pretty good quality of components and assembly!

Ok, let's move to my question... I have an idea to extract front camera from Qvia AR790 and hide head unit somewhere in saloon. Front camera is connected through 36-pins solid connector soldered into PCB. I want to plug ~20cm cable between the camera and PCB. How to do it in the best way? I hope to find that connector to buy - then I would solder cable to it, keeping existing connector on PCB untouched. Otherwise have to solder a cable directly to PCB - risky and dirty task.

Looking forward for advise from experienced engineers here :)

20cm is probably beyond the limit that you could extend that without having interference problems, the connector will be something they have made specifically for their needs, might be difficult to find a suitable set of connectors in the market

20cm is probably beyond the limit that you could extend that without having interference problems, the connector will be something they have made specifically for their needs, might be difficult to find a suitable set of connectors in the market
Do you know, has anyone done such things already? Would be helpful to look at existing experience.

I want to insert the camera into the plastic cover on the mirror "arm" and hide all other stuff under windshield above the mirror.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 12
People have extended sensor from mainboard around 20cm on some 720p keychain camera, I haven't seen any successful extension of 1080p solutions unless the product is designed that way, for remote camera systems they need send/receive chipset to support this

Back