Qvia QR790 won't turn into parking mode

ngandong

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've tried to hardwire my qvia but after the engine is off the cam still remains the same recording mode, it doesn't switch to parking mode.

I am using the power magic pro kit for hardwiring. after I've done with the wire I turned on the power magic switch and the cam immediately changed to recording mode, not parking mode. Not sure what went wrong. All the wiring is "supposedly" correct, the gps light on the cam turned purple while the cam is switched off, it means ACC and BATT cables are correctly wired and powered (according to the manual). I used the high beam fuse for Constant line and Cig socket for ACC line, all grounded properly.

As for setting, I turned off delay for parking mode and turn on for external power (this I'm not sure if I should turn off or on), parking mode setting is MotionDetector.

Reactions: RLS
I've tried to hardwire my qvia but after the engine is off the cam still remains the same recording mode, it doesn't switch to parking mode.

I am using the power magic pro kit for hardwiring. after I've done with the wire I turned on the power magic switch and the cam immediately changed to recording mode, not parking mode. Not sure what went wrong. All the wiring is "supposedly" correct, the gps light on the cam turned purple while the cam is switched off, it means ACC and BATT cables are correctly wired and powered (according to the manual). I used the high beam fuse for Constant line and Cig socket for ACC line, all grounded properly.

As for setting, I turned off delay for parking mode and turn on for external power (this I'm not sure if I should turn off or on), parking mode setting is MotionDetector.

Lukas/Qvia use 3 wire parking mode.

Power Magic Pro only feeds out 2 wire to the cigarette socket. Did you use the included 3-wire from Lukas and splice into a PMP unit...? Or are you using the cigarette adapter...

I would recommend a short delay for parking mode. Also, it should be fine to leave the external power setting on, since you would be relying on the PMP for low voltage cutoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back