QVIA T790 won't connect to app/phone.

tsouzee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. Just received my QVIA T790. For the past 2 days I have been trying to get it set up via the wifi and QVIA app option, but no luck. It connects, but the camera seems to restart itself and I lose connection by the time I get into the settings. I also tried my wife's phone. We both have Android devices. I reatarted the camera, both phones and deleted all wifi connections in the memory of the phones but no luck.

Has anyone had any luck with these camera types?

You can try turning off cellular data access while you are doing it and see if any change, also if you are within range of another associated wifi access point that has internet access you'll find the phone will look at the camera as having no connectivity and will fall back to another access point where it has internet so it will keep dropping off, so either try it away from home/office or delete the association with the nearby wifi access while you set it up

I've found the iOS app to be more reliable than the Android one for this model

I will try turning off the cellular data. I had already deleted the wifi memories from the phone. Thank you.

So I just tried it again with the cellular data turned off. Same issue. The camera seems to keep restarting. It says "recording starting - drive safely" and then "recording failure 3" every few seconds. I even downloaded the app on my iPad and couldn't connect at all. It seems to be an issue with the unit more than anything.

Not sure. Whatever the unit came with. Its actually Lukas branded.

Seems to be a faulty memory card as per the seller. Waiting on a replacement! Thanks everyone.

Back