QVIA viewer / QR790 - Wifi start mode setting does what exactly??

I assume it mean if you want wifi to come on with the camera when you start your car, having wifi on at least on some cameras seem to mean it will record with a lesser bitrate.
But maybe not for the lukas / qvia cameras that notoriously have a low bitrate overall.

Nothing to do but experiment i think.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the new wifi model(s) so that's why I'm asking.

I had a R935 duo but it died on me last week. I'm thinking of going with the QR790 but I'm not familiar with their new models and Lukas ~ QVIA don't have the best manuals / literature when it comes to explaining certain features.

On the QR790 this allows the WIFI to switch off automatically after you drive off, you can set the time in the settings. Or you can switch off the WIFI completely which I won't advise, the middle indication light shows when the WIFI has switched off with a chime indication as well. I manage to get the following information from the Korean head office regarding all the chimes. The chimes you hearing is from my dash cam's built in ADAS 2.0 (Advance Driving Assistance System). Here is the list of sounds and different meanings. 1.) Tin tin tin tin, tin tin tin tin (LDWS - Lane Departure Warning) 2. Ding Dong (FCWS - Forward Collision Warning) 3. koo koo (FVSA - Front Vehicle Sensor Alarm when standing still movement detected from either car in front moves off or pedestrians crossing) 4. TIRURU (WiFi Off - Within 5 minutes of turning on the car) 5. Taramm WiFi On - Automatically when starting the car) 6. Tin Tunn (Event/G-Sensor - Sensitivity can be changed).

I received the QR70 but I still don't understand what the wifi start mode setting does? No matter if I choose on or off I still have to push the side wifi button on the camera in order for wifi to turn on?

I assumed that choosing "on" wifi automatically turns on when I start my truck but it doesn't? Once I push the wifi button on the camera I can connect to it through the app. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.40.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.40.26.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.40.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.40.34.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.42.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.42.02.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 2
Back