R100 with DR750S-2CH

Civvy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
Has anyone fitted the above combo?
I can’t get the rear view camera to work on my Pioneer DAB unit.

The display is my Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB

Use the display as a driving aid for reverse parking.

From the R100 interface:
The red wire connects to the live
The green wire connects to the reverse light signal
The black wire connects to the ground

The AV plugs in the camera input on the Pioneer

Rear cam input
Front cam output

As per R100 instructions

Sorry, I must be in the wrong place.

The only info I can find online says the R-100 is for the DR650, no mention of your model, don't know if the info is out of date but can't offer any suggestions unless you've got a link with updated detail

Short of that I guess you should talk to whoever you purchased it from for advice

I purchased it from TTW, the seller, and prior to purchase I contacted them specifically, to avoid being on the back foot, to ask if it was compatable as it didn’t make sense to me why it wouldn’t be as they’re so similar. BlackVue UK also confirmed.
Both confessed the manual is out of date.

The question remains; has anyone else done it?

The interface is en route to BlackVue UK for testing after much communication directly.

It sounds like the R-100 Reversing Camera System is for the DR650GW-2CH and DR650GW-2CH Truck?
So not sure if it'll work with the DR750S..but I think the cables are the same? So maybe.

I don't know if this will help but Blackboxmycar has some instructions on their website: R-100 Instructions

It sounds like all you need to do to connect the R-100 to your DIN is connect the yellow RCA video input after you've done all the fuse box stuff.
Hope that link helps a little bit.

If the device does work with the 750 then the two possibilities are a faulty device or a wiring issue, the reverse trigger is perhaps the thing to look at, if your vehicle is canbus this is not always straightforward

This concluded today.

From the beginning... As I couldn't get it to work, I contacted the seller and they referred me to BlackVue UK. They were quite insistent that i must've wired it wrong and I repeated the question - 'this definitely works with the 750S?'; 'YES'.
3 days later I pulled the car apart again and ran it direct from the battery to no avail. I rang them again while I had the car apart and they said it must be the unit. Send it to us for testing; which I did; two days ago.
Today I called them and they said they'd contacted Korea HQ and they said it won't work with the 750S... I'm getting a refund.

Now I'd like hear what you guys would do in this situation. I ordered it 2 weeks ago today and i've had the car apart 3 times trying to get it working - If i'd've put it in a shop they'd've charged me plenty surely.

Just to reiterate:
Seller said it would work
BlackVue UK said it would work
BlackVue Korea said it won't work
It doesn't work says me!

It sucks you had to go through all that to find out it won't work, especially since multiple people told you it would.
At least you have a definite answer now, hope your refund gets processed quickly!

Thanks for giving us an update.

This concluded today.

From the beginning... As I couldn't get it to work, I contacted the seller and they referred me to BlackVue UK. They were quite insistent that i must've wired it wrong and I repeated the question - 'this definitely works with the 750S?'; 'YES'.
3 days later I pulled the car apart again and ran it direct from the battery to no avail. I rang them again while I had the car apart and they said it must be the unit. Send it to us for testing; which I did; two days ago.
Today I called them and they said they'd contacted Korea HQ and they said it won't work with the 750S... I'm getting a refund.

Now I'd like hear what you guys would do in this situation. I ordered it 2 weeks ago today and i've had the car apart 3 times trying to get it working - If i'd've put it in a shop they'd've charged me plenty surely.

Just to reiterate:
Seller said it would work
BlackVue UK said it would work
BlackVue Korea said it won't work
It doesn't work says me!

Sorry for your troubles with this setup. The cameras that will work with the R-100 is the 650gw-2ch and 650s-2ch (and both locked an older version firmware to maintain compatibility)

FWIW I do have a 650gw-2ch truck with the R-100 installed in my Jeep connected to a pioneer 4200NEX headuint and it works great.

Back