R12.4 update firmware

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Hi all,

Tried to update a friends 412gw with the very latest firmware update R12.4 on a Windows laptop. The FW.bin file is on an empty micro sd card, here’s the issue: dashcam is not turned on, I put the sd card into the dashcam but it automatically turns on and records? Where as usually if the dashcam is off & the sd card is inserted then the dashcam stays off until it recieves Power. Then the screen would stay blanked out with a blue/purple led stating its downloading firmware update, and then once successfull the dashcam would reboot back up and you have to do the first time set up again.

I’ve never had this issue when downloading firmware update onto my own 412gw...

Any insight at all would be fully appreciated!

1) Check the format of the BIn file (all caps)
2) Is it the right file (some versions need 2 bin files, others just need one)
3) Are you using the car or wall socket (PC USB doesn't work)

The bin file looks ok and is all in caps

Could only see one recognisable bin file within the download folder

Tried to update the 412gw with normal mini usb lead which was plugged into the wall socket

Cheers

Very odd.

All I can think is download it again in case it got corrupted.

I think even without the firmware update, if the dashcam is off and the sd is out and then you put the sd card in the dashcam will power up (with no leads or without pushing power on button) I have also reset it but still the same happens :rolleyes:

I just had a go on my tablet and it came in as FW96660A.bin and 3.89Mb

Ok thank will double check the firmware again

The .bin came in lower case.
From previous posts I'm assuming that the filename has been hard coded as upper case prefix and lower case suffix and has to be exactly that.

Unlike my programs that would read..

If ucase(filename) = "FW96660A.BIN" then .....

Then that would trap all capitalisation. Especially as Apple devices tend to mess with capitalisation on downloads.

Is this still happening @Tony lovelock

Two things which usually cause this:

1) the card isn't formatted and ocmpeltely empty,

Or

2) the file name has been changed in some way e.g. there cant be any brackets added for multiple downloads like this (1).

Back