R22.5 GPS

Skynet5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else notice GPS taking longer to lock?

Also a bit more erratic and reading a few MPH faster...pretty much now what my Speedo says which I know says over actual speed.

No. Seems the same to me...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice GPS taking longer to lock?

Also a bit more erratic and reading a few MPH faster...pretty much now what my Speedo says which I know says over actual speed.
Straight after the firmware update I travelled about 5 miles before the GPS locked on. I've not checked the speed but now you've mentioned it I will do so on Monday, I know it was reading about 5MPH lower than the car digital speedo and that at traffic lights, even stood for 30 seconds or so the speed never showed 0MPH

Yep i've noticed it as well. Previous FW appered to work ok. Here is how mine appears..

I set the speed display on.
I set the display to auto dim.

Over the last few weeks the GPS Speed is taking at least 5 minutes in the morning to show any values. Initalliy 0 is shown and then some slow updates with eratic, sometimes wildly inaccurate, speeds shown. After it has settled down and I am travelling at a steady pace the GPS speed is mostly accurate and tracking the car speedo. The update rate is slow and lethargic and often shows a decreasing speed to 0 when I pull up and wait at a junction. The display never dimmed.

However this morning on the way to work I had the normal as described above but as I had nearly finished my daily commute the display dimmed and the speed reading became accurate and updated at a good rate like it used to. This to me indicates a bug in the FW.

Anyone tried flashing back to a previous level if possible to see the results and if so what would be the best one to go for?

Back