R935 : Automatic formatting touchscreen not working

RichRC

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been having this issue for several months now.

When the screen comes up to format (I have it set to automatically format every 4 weeks), no matter which of the 3 buttons I press on the screen (Format, Cancel, Remind me later) it doesn't work? When I touch the screen it makes the water drop noise so I know the touch screen itself is working it's just the buttons don't do anything? I can't even go to the home screen, settings etc., it just stays on the format screen.

If I let it be, within 5mins. it's back to normal recording and I did verify in the SD card folder that it is recording. The dangerous part about that is it won't record within the first 5 mins of driving my car, the format screen just stays up.

I just updated to - R975 WD R935 WD NORMAL V7.0.9 7.0.9 Size: 106.3 MB
Everything seems to be fine as far as updating goes. I'll let you know if the update fixed the issue in 4 weeks when the Format screen comes back up.

It hasn't been 4 weeks but the automatic format screen popped up today and it's doing the exact same thing before the firmware update. When I try to press a button nothing happens. If I leave it alone within 5 mins the format screen goes away and it's begins recording again.

Any idea?? I don't like the fact that the camera doesn't start recording right away when driving my truck.

Update. It doesn't matter about auto formatting or not. I turned off that feature through the computer video player software. Now whenever I touch anywhere on the screen within 10 secs. it dims the screen and says I need to format EVEN when I just formatted the card on my laptop. So I cant change / use ANY settings on the video until itself or even playback video though the unit... everything has to be done though their software on the computer.

If I leave it alone within 5 mins it will record as usual. What a failure to spend this much money and have it act like this and absolutely no support from them. No wonder they went under.

Back