Racing Lamborghini Totaled

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Dash cammer, staked out in the fast lane without passing anyone, records a number of car racing past him to his left.

He then drives past one of them, a Lamborghini, absolutely totaled

I have no sympathy for this special kind of idiot and I genuinely hope he was hurt

Yeah I said it

I have no sympathy for this special kind of idiot and I genuinely hope he was hurt
I usually don't wish harm on anyone, but I find myself saying something similar. If special kind of idiots can't be charged and get their driving privileges suspended, then I hope they get in accident without any innocent parties present. Best they destroy their own car, before they hurt someone else.

Confirms what I've often said. Lane hoggers are annoying, anti-social jerks. But people who weave in and out of lanes to overtake are dangerous, and that is a worse thing!
I think it's a shame that both practices are considered more acceptable in the USA, and even sadder that it is heading that way in my country too.

Confirms what I've often said. Lane hoggers are annoying, anti-social jerks. But people who weave in and out of lanes to overtake are dangerous, and that is a worse thing!
I think it's a shame that both practices are considered more acceptable in the USA, and even sadder that it is heading that way in my country too.

Where do you get the notion that this sort of driving is "more acceptable in the USA"? Selfish, dangerous driving is bad news and unacceptable to most motorists in whatever country you happen to reside in. And the OP's video isn't even from the US so why even go there? Have you ever even been to the United States and traveled our roads?

Lane hogging isn't acceptable here. It's often the cause of a lot of the road rage I've seen. It's not explicitly illegal to undertake, but it's frowned upon.

Obviously street racing isn't legal either, and the only ones who say it's ok are the ones doing it.

But people who weave in and out of lanes to overtake are dangerous, and that is a worse thing!
Perhaps you meant to say "people who weave in and out of lanes recklessly are dangerous" otherwise how are you able to overtake slower moving vehicles.

I often end up in the left lane, cuz i up ahead will be turning left so i get in the left lane in good time, this is a practice i have gotten cuz in peak hours you cant really change lanes due to people driving too close, and not really want to let you merge.
Some times people behind me get butt hurt by this and they them overtake me on the right, not cuz i drive too slow i pretty much all the time drive at the MAX limit on a given stretch of road.

Its the same people that would also overtake me i was in the Right lane, and they will still be breaking the law as they are speeding to be able to pass me, so the situation with people like that are pretty much loose - loose.

I dont know why they pass on the Right, once in a while i am in the same situation just driving behind a slow driving vehicle that should not be in the left lane then, but i flash my high beams and that most often get people to pull over.
I will not pass on the right as that will ( in my eyes ) just make me the even more stupid person on the road.

The problem are the people that wholehearted believe that rules do not apply to them, those people are a danger on the roads and in other ways a danger to a society as they will not have any problems being parasites like drug dealers and so on.

Very ignorant and false statements. Neither are acceptable. And there's a reason why more and more states are enacting laws to keep people from lane hogging if they're not passing and not keeping up with the flow of traffic.

I often end up in the left lane, cuz i up ahead will be turning left so i get in the left lane in good time, this is a practice i have gotten cuz in peak hours you cant really change lanes due to people driving too close, and not really want to let you merge.
Some times people behind me get butt hurt by this and they them overtake me on the right, not cuz i drive too slow i pretty much all the time drive at the MAX limit on a given stretch of road...
That is OK as long as you have your left turn signal on, then the person behind knows you are turning left so can safely and legally overtake on the right. It is only a problem when someone is driving along the overtaking lane with no turn signal and not overtaking anything so their intentions are unknown, then they are a hazard.

The 'flow of traffic' is usually substantially over the speed limit. The 'flow' means nothing, legally, unless you are under the minimum speed limit, or using a lane improperly.

The 'flow of traffic' is usually substantially over the speed limit. The 'flow' means nothing, legally, unless you are under the minimum speed limit, or using a lane improperly.

While you are correct legally I often go with the flow of traffic at their over-legal speeds if that is going to be a safer option for me and everyone else. Where I live most traffic moves at 5-10 MPH over the limit or more unless there's a Cop in sight or at School zones :eek: To be in the left lane going substantially slower is to be creating an interruption in the smooth traffic flow and therefore unwise even if legal ;) As to those feeling entitled to do as they please I prefer to let them fly around me ASAP as it's easier to watch them in front of me rather than from behind :cool: Best to simply let fools cause and be their own problem without yourself becoming directly involved :D

There are three kinds of people in my world- those who I will help, those who I will harm, and those who I simply do not care anything about. The OP's idiot goes into that last group and they had better hope that I am not the only person around who can save their hide because I won't :mad:

Phil

If the crap hits the fan, it won't matter if 'everyone' is speeding. :)

I heard audio of a traffic stop on the radio last week. The lady was pulled out of (What she claims was) a line of equally speeding cars and ticketed.
She came up with a dozen excuses for speeding, and in between each new excuse was 'why did you single me out when everyone else is....????'

It was actually almost funny, she even went into a fake panic attack.
:)
(OMG! Of course it's on youtube! LONG...but...)

(Shorter version)

I don't claim I do the speed limit, but I'm usually only a few miles over the limit, and am anal about paying attention to speed limit signs, and adjusting my speed.

That is OK as long as you have your left turn signal on

I think that will be too early to put on the signal, for instance here in my home town, coming into town on the highway from the south, about 1000 M before the road cross the rives where there are 2 left turn and 2 right turn lanes, then i am in the left lane as soon as the 1 lane turn into 2 lanes.
I could stay in the right lane most times of the day and then change to the left lane about half way, but in peak hours then 350 M after the road go 2 lane there is a intersection, and you want to be in the left lane there cuz both lanes back up, and when released by green light cars dot get to space out before the next intersection in 450 M and then after that, and on the other side of that the 2 lanes turn into the 4 turn lanes on the bridge over the river.

CqDh0G4SQ3hpLL0R5FatcNk8E2EFyCV1Ct0c6_Y1Wdtfses-7KpDpVncvrfjpZR1NmAHdxZCkZTNJpWoTEfC4sNv01LAeY7rprWCAeCOb15TpxS6TAqKokFZBv_N5QO0qiw83SFetj4jCZRoOZyOi0LKhYdr50737N1TQ6JIbrlriBeAoFYfIPEO65XgwqIa0hch4LiBU8eoE1fAl8DhWNj_a2O2otFFJc-jPHopz5KKRiaP1jSIsZZdJGsP3C1WxobfPSKci1qo9ncGyRs8Wjo-xOw_jfXFg5QHu51J0sGczSJMkg9J_rxJdz1xG6_vFB2sR0KCd0NcacVF20SNfpbMeGJEy3LUYo1khkRo1FuEbRWIvNnOJGrzX7SqjZaLkr99_cIdUKeV7o3fx1s2rFc1xxhfp0vd6t0K30kFBVrKUiflA8xg2mSRjR7ouYZo1vE7IZAbOjfdaBVSeDdRDXb6QWupTGz2HRnaitojoJSwpRTl5Ub0OruBDKNcbNkfk6EwTSI6G8bzZ8Z64rry_FCFFidjxLIhIeYd0d3uGJwpQge1epgYnqaGdPTnKbiib0rrngfQySE1gmhXqXeHoFjmqiq6Yw9yLUU3quTUNQ=w1645-h925-no

As i said i keep up to speed, actually in my little car i often leave the other people behind as i accelerate faster, so the issue are not me hoggin the lane forcing people to drive slow, i think the issue are entitled people want ownership of that lane so they can pass the rest of us, even if that mean braking the speed limit passing us other drivers in the right lane.

If some one can guarantee me that i will not be passed by lawbrakers as i keep left, then sure no problem, but that's not going to happen and further up those people will force their way into the Left lane as traffic there are already bumper to bumper, and so you cant really overtake as the law state you can only do that when it dont inconvincible other motorists, and if people have to brake all the time to let people into a already filled and probably slow moving lane well then to me that are a inconvenience.

I know we are supposed to give way to one and other and be nice, but i really dont want to do that with people braking the law zooming past me to get 2-3 cars lengths ahead of me.

I feel Danish law are faulty on this, cuz if all drove according to law then we would have empty Left lanes all over the country, cuz you cant legally pass people driving bumper to bumper at the max posted speed.
You could then argue well people shouldent drive bumper to bumper, and that's true, but try telling that to Danes or the people who should uphold our laws.

Clearly as it is at the moment we Danes cant handle it on our own and we invent our own addon traffic rules, and that are unsustainable for sure, so i argue for rule change and stronger enforcement of those rules.

Very ignorant and false statements. Neither are acceptable. And there's a reason why more and more states are enacting laws to keep people from lane hogging if they're not passing and not keeping up with the flow of traffic.
If these practices are not considered acceptable by so many people, then why do they need to bring in new laws to stop it???

I'm NOT saying they're OK. They aren't. I'm just saying it is MORE common in the U.S. than elsewhere. I specifically said I found that sad. If you doubt this just compare footage taken on U.S. freeways vs UK motorways. There is a world of difference, though things are getting worse here.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Perhaps you meant to say "people who weave in and out of lanes recklessly are dangerous" otherwise how are you able to overtake slower moving vehicles.
It would be redundant to add the word recklessly.

Changing lanes is a manoeuvre. It involves risk. Weaving in and out of lanes means changing lanes repeatedly just to go slightly faster than the flow of traffic. High risk for small benefit defines recklessness.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What "footage taken on U.S. freeways vs UK motorways"? Random footage found on the internet?

It would be redundant to add the word recklessly.

Changing lanes is a manoeuvre. It involves risk. Weaving in and out of lanes means changing lanes repeatedly just to go slightly faster than the flow of traffic. High risk for small benefit defines recklessness.

Your interpretation of weaving is different to mine.

Well I do try to remain within the speed limit and I usually can :) But I go for safety first then legality and if I get a ticket for something I did legally wrong then so be it :cool:Now some humor-

A fellow gets pulled over for speeding and he was just one of many doing that. As the Cop was writing the ticket, the fellow asked why he got pulled instead of someone else. The Cop asked "Do you ever go fishing?"? The driver says "Sure, all the time." The Cop says "Me too" then asks "Did you ever catch every fish in the lake?" The driver says "Of course not." The Cop hands him the ticket and says "Me either." :p

Phil

Back