Random beeps

Note I said 3rd party and not authorized reseller or distributor .......Sigh...You're being argumentative for no other reason than to argue. A 3rd party selling an item without buying from the proper distribution channels is gray market. Let's stop getting into semantics.
If anyone is being argumentative it's you - for what reason I have no idea. I've been doing nothing but trying to get you to understand what gray market is and it's not working. The seller has absolutely no bearing on whether an item is gray market or not - only the distribution channel through which the product was acquired.

1 - B&H Photo is an authorized Nikon reseller (among many others).
2 - B&H Photo sells through Amazon (among other outlets) making them a 3rd party seller.
3 - B&H Photo sells directly through their own site and brick and mortar locations making them a 2nd party seller.
3 - B&H Photo sells both USA warranted and gray market versions of the exact same product. Thus they are an authorized (2nd or 3rd party) reseller selling gray market items.

...Here's a definition to Gray Market.

A grey market is a market in which goods have been manufactured by or with the consent of the brand owner but are sold outside of the brand owner's approved distribution channels—an activity that can be perfectly legal.

I know what a gray market item is - I've already posted multiple definitions for you (which I've read).

You're the one that keeps insisting on including the seller in the definition - "Note I said 3rd party and not authorized reseller or distributor" - (except for this most recent uncited attempt, which is the closest you've come to being correct in this entire thread) and the seller has absolutely no bearing on whether or not an item is gray market.

If anyone is being argumentative it's you - for what reason I have no idea. I've been doing nothing but trying to get you to understand what gray market is and it's not working. The seller has absolutely no bearing on whether an item is gray market or not - only the distribution channel through which the product was acquired.

1 - B&H Photo is an authorized Nikon reseller (among many others).
2 - B&H Photo sells through Amazon (among other outlets) making them a 3rd party seller.
3 - B&H Photo sells directly through their own site and brick and mortar locations making them a 2nd party seller.
3 - B&H Photo sells both USA warranted and gray market versions of the exact same product. Thus they are an authorized (2nd or 3rd party) reseller selling gray market items.

I know what a gray market item is - I've already posted multiple definitions for you (which I've read).

You're the one that keeps insisting on including the seller in the definition - "Note I said 3rd party and not authorized reseller or distributor" - (except for this most recent uncited attempt, which is the closest you've come to being correct in this entire thread) and the seller has absolutely no bearing on whether or not an item is gray market.

I concede Gray Market Seller is a more appropriate description than 3rd party unauthorized reseller. Duly noted.

None the less, Amazon has a huge Gray Market of people selling products they did not acquire from the Manufacturer or One of its Distributors. That was the original point. And there have been issues with people getting fakes thinking "Fulfilled By Amazon" meant their products were authentic.

At the end of the day, Amazon does a phenomenal job of issuing refunds on products.

I still don't recommend most people buy memory cards from Amazon. The majority of people ASSUME cards are authentic from a large marketplace like amazon and don't posses there wherewithal or technological expertise to understand cards need tested.

Look how many people come on this board and say "My Camera Stops Recording". When asked to test the card with a program we advice, they find the card is fake.

Ha ha this convo changed gears lol

Just an update placed an order for the SD card will test to make sure it's legit. I will keep you all posted if the beeping and freezing in parking mode goes away. The card is expensive :( but will for sure be worth it if an event happens :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B084CJJRBW
Yes I did do amazon.com I only buy if amazon sells it or the manufacture due to how easy I can return it if its a dud.

I will keep everyone posted card comes in next week!

Out of curiosity with the Samsung 256GB anyone has any fail after a year of a lot of use? Too bad, not many SD cards come with the SMART check to see if they are failing. I tried using some tools to check on the one I got had not had luck. Any recommendations on ways to check SD card health?

Thanks

Yes I did do amazon.com I only buy if amazon sells it or the manufacture due to how easy I can return it if its a dud.
You'll be fine.

Unfortunately there's no way to systematically check a card to see if a failure is imminent. About the best you can do is regularly check your recordings to see if everything seems OK. If there's anything that looks unusual (invalid or short files, missing files, etc.) run a full check on the card with h2testw or similar program.

My personal theory is that if a system are getting flaky, the biggest chance of you being able to see that beforehand is to inspect first and last files in drive / recording sessions, looking for corrupted or clips starting stopping in a unusual place.
But it is my own theory, and it might well be hogwash in the end.

Back