Random beeps

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
Hello,

I noticed my camera is doing a random one quick beep for a second while driving. When I looked at the SD card I noticed there is a 5-15 second gap between each clip when it beeps. Any ideas on whats going on?

Thanks

means there's a card problem, which card do you have, how long since you formatted it, how often do you format it?

means there's a card problem, which card do you have, how long since you formatted it, how often do you format it?
Probably been around 4 months since I last formatted it. I will try formatting it and see if I still have an issue. Usually, I format it every few months.

Probably been around 4 months since I last formatted it. I will try formatting it and see if I still have an issue. Usually, I format it every few months.
do a full overwrite format with SDformatter, it will correct any fixable errors on the card in the process, then format in the camera again before use

Yea I am starting to think it is an SD card issue. I was looking at some of the clips on the SD card and came across this clip. It played for around 10-13 seconds then froze until the next clip.

1575958806692.png

Just figured I will update the post. So still got that SD card and I still get the random beep at least once or twice when I drive for a while. I am going to probably get a new SD as I have tried to format it multiple times with the same issue. I just wanna confirm will this SD card work https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0887P21Z2

I right now have a 256GB SD card that came with the camera which is also a Samsung card?

Thanks

The new preferred card is the Sandisk High Endurance U3 card. It’s available up to 256GB

If you need 512GB the Samsung link you provided is the best choice for 512GB

in no particular order the Sandisk High Endurance, Sandisk Max Endurance, or Western Digital Surveillance are the preferred cards

Oh yeah the new Sandisk “Max Endurance” U3 cards are available now and even better specs than the previous “High Endurance” U3 ones .

Bit off topic here, but this thread brings up a good point, though it's not for everyone.

Having camera redundancy has come to be a nice feature. Even if the T3 sucks overheating on park mode. Having 2 cameras running always ensures at least 1 works. To OP, imagine if this card problem had prevented you from capturing an accident. Food for thought, tossing in a 2nd street guardian with a good Sandisk High Endurance card in both, will guarantee that if anything it's caught on camera. No fear of a glitch.

The new preferred card is the Sandisk High Endurance U3 card. It’s available up to 256GB

If you need 512GB the Samsung link you provided is the best choice for 512GB
in no particular order the Sandisk High Endurance, Sandisk Max Endurance, or Western Digital Surveillance are the preferred cards

Okay, cool do the Samsung 256 cards still work with them, or are they no longer recommended? I personally have had a good experience with all Samsung cards which is why I am asking. This is the first one I had an issue with however it has been in the camera for a year to a year and a half. Is a year about the life span of an SD card for a dashcam? Also, will the SD card error cause the camera to freeze in parking mode? I noticed a few times the camera will be frozen and I will have to unplug it and wait for the screen to fade dark till I can plug it back in. Only seems to be happing in parking mode.

I was reading the amazon reviews of the SanDisk cards and I noticed a lot of complaints of them not lasting long. Can anyone share their experience with the SanDisk card they have?

The Samsung cards should be ok, @Street Guardian USA can probably give you some feedback on how they fare longer term, we don't use them in Australia as they're not available to us direct and memory is not the type of thing we want to buy off a third party supplier as that often involves grey market product

No memory card out there has a perfect track record but Sandisk High Endurance U3 has been the most reliable so far. Some of those reviews of a few of them failing I suspect were from 3rd party sellers (fakes etc). Make sure it’s shipped and sold by amazon. Again any card can fail though, always the weakest link even in quality dashcams. The new Max Endurance has the best specs now but hasn’t been out long enough to confirm. We still sell 512GB Samsung EVO Select U3 cards but that’s only because they don’t make a high endurance version of 512 yet.

For some reason the Sandisk HE cards are also among the cheaper cards here in Denmark. :cool:

For sure i would go for a memory card that retain its warranty when used in dashcams, something that are still preserved for a minimum of cards, but at least they have come down in price VS some years ago where you had to be made of gold to be able to afford a high endurance card of any brand.

Looks like the High Endurance is out of stock on amazon

Max Endurance seems to be in stock not many reviews but they seem good looks like I may get that then.

Just to confirms this one of the SD cards? https://www.amazon.com/gp/B084CJJRBW
Also seeing the price is the same for the 512 Samsung would recommend getting more storage since I do use parking mode or better to get the Sandisk?

Samsung one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0887CHVFF

Yes that’s the right Sandisk Max Endurance link. Just confirm it’s shipped and sold by Amazon if anyone reads this reply in future.

I think 256GB is plenty of storage and long-term reliability is most important.

Yes that’s the right Sandisk Max Endurance link. Just confirm it’s shipped and sold by Amazon if anyone reads this reply in future.

I think 256GB is plenty of storage and long-term reliability is most important.
Okay cool I will get the Sandisk Max Endurance 256 and get back if I notice it beeping. As I said earlier too can the camera freeze due to SD card errors like how mine will do every now and then in parking mode or can that be related to the heat during the summer?

Back