(Travels) Random clips and curiosities from a trip to Galicia (23rd and 24th of April 2016)

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
We played a gig in Vigo in one day and another one the next day in Porto. It was a 4+ hour drive from Tomar to Vigo, then another 2 hours back to Porto the next day, then the drive back to Tomar, mostly on motorways.
This compilation is just of some of the things I captured during the journey.

Thanks for the tour- I don't see much of that part of the world, including streets where my van positively would not fit!

Phil

Thanks for the tour- I don't see much of that part of the world, including streets where my van positively would not fit!

Phil
Hahaha! American vans, built for american roads. If one day you had to do the same work you do in the States but here in Portugal, you would have to buy a smaller van and then you would probably feel like you were driving an original Mini! :D

The narrow streets are a "problem" of being a country so old but it's also its beauty. The USA is a "fairly" recent country, compared with Portugal or Spain. Our first settlements date back to the Romans and many of the towns and cities like Tui, Vigo or Porto have streets that were designed in the Middle Ages. The city where I live, for instance, was officially founded in 1190 (officially as in "recognized as being part of the Kingdom of Portugal", because the Romans were here first and the original town was built by the Moors many centuries before) and it's filled with streets like those. :)

Hahaha! American vans, built for american roads. If one day you had to do the same work you do in the States but here in Portugal, you would have to buy a smaller van and then you would probably feel like you were driving an original Mini! :D

The narrow streets are a "problem" of being a country so old but it's also its beauty. The USA is a "fairly" recent country, compared with Portugal or Spain. Our first settlements date back to the Romans and many of the towns and cities like Tui, Vigo or Porto have streets that were designed in the Middle Ages. The city where I live, for instance, was officially founded in 1190 (officially as in "recognized as being part of the Kingdom of Portugal", because the Romans were here first and the original town was built by the Moors many centuries before) and it's filled with streets like those. :)
Thanks for sharing those videos you live in a beautiful country.

It is beautiful indeed. I've always admired old buildings but over here people like me are a small minority. Instead of reusing a building we destroy our history with a bulldozes, not even trying to save and reuse the good parts, then up goes a soul-less but flashy building which will be bulldozed again 40 years later. What little history we have left is in places where luck preserved things and laws prevent that kind of madness from happening. Much the same goes for our lands where instead of living with what's there. people chop it all down, then put in grass that requires fertilizer, pesticides, and water to keep it green because they think it's pretty. We ain't as smart as we think we are over here in lots of ways which makes places like yours even more special to me.

Phil

It is beautiful indeed. I've always admired old buildings but over here people like me are a small minority. Instead of reusing a building we destroy our history with a bulldozes, not even trying to save and reuse the good parts, then up goes a soul-less but flashy building which will be bulldozed again 40 years later. What little history we have left is in places where luck preserved things and laws prevent that kind of madness from happening. Much the same goes for our lands where instead of living with what's there. people chop it all down, then put in grass that requires fertilizer, pesticides, and water to keep it green because they think it's pretty. We ain't as smart as we think we are over here in lots of ways which makes places like yours even more special to me.

Phil
Absolutely agree

Back