Random Rebooting

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Camera has been randomly rebooting during driving in 15 degree temperatures. I am using a 64GB Blackvue MicroSD. Whilst driving you will hear the audio sound coming from the camera advising that the camera has connected and after checking the MicroSD there are gaps in the recording.

This occurred twice in the space of 15 minutes,the camera is not connected to Powermagic Pro. Has anyone experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That is odd, your dashcam should not be rebooting while you're driving. The heat issues reported in other threads are really about parking mode and leaving the dashcam in a really hot car, not usual driving modes. Is this a new dashcam or change in behavior? I've had my DR900S for several months and never noticed the camera reboot during driving (i.e., hear the voice alert that comes on at the beginning).

I'm hoping it's just the MicroSD

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sent the MIcroSD card off to BlackVue, will keepo ppl posted with all comms from them.

I have an older version, the DR650GW-2CH and have exactly the same problem; have contacted Blackvue and I'm waiting for an answer. In my case I have tried three different memory cards, from 64 GB to 128 GB but it makes no difference. The thing is that it has been running perfectly for more than a year...

Update: They replaced the mirosd... lets see how things go with the reboots.

Last edited:
My 900s 2ch reboots as well. I don't ofter hear it but I can see the light go off in my rear view mirror and then I listen out for the voice!! Sure enough it reboots. And I have change the card to a new Samsung Evo card, 128 GB. Makes no difference tho, still reboots.

Sent from mTalk

same here. my 900s 2ch is rebooting every 5 min. or so. tried different two memory cards so far and getting the same results.

Mine also reboots while driving, but only once in a while. Sometimes, it reboots in 5 minutes, sometimes not at all. I am using Blackvue SD 128. Tried Samsung endurance 128, and still does the same. Reported to Blackvue and waiting for reply.

Mine also reboots while driving, but only once in a while. Sometimes, it reboots in 5 minutes, sometimes not at all. I am using Blackvue SD 128. Tried Samsung endurance 128, and still does the same. Reported to Blackvue and waiting for reply.
That's exactly the way in which mine is behaving. Changing ad cards make no difference. Should I contact blackvue directly?

Sent from mTalk

Blackvue replied with saying, “check SD card with Blackvue viewer to see any errors” I am looking into other causes, like a Power Magic Pro, and checking all the wires for now.

Blackvue replied with saying, “check SD card with Blackvue viewer to see any errors” I am looking into other causes, like a Power Magic Pro, and checking all the wires for now.

I have 2 cars, my Audi which has and ODB II port that I had the camera connected to. I am now using my old Volvo for winter and I have it directly wired to fuse box in this vehicle and still it reboots. So I can say for sure that different SD cards nor wiring is the issue.

Sent from mTalk

Sounds like these are defective units. My 900S has never rebooted since I purchased it this summer, though I only use it during driving and it is not extremely hot or sunny here in San Francisco. Most of the issues I've read about have been with 900S units rebooting during parking mode when left under the hot sun and in a hot car -- If this is not the case for you, pursue an exchange.

Hello I just recently purchased the 900S and decided I would test it out before installing it in my which currently has the older DR650GW-2CH. I upon starting it up upgraded it to the latest firmware it has done a couple random restarts but it seems to have stopped it. I am running it on 12v power converter so i can see if it has any issues before installing it. I also have reached out to Blackvue about this waiting to hear back from them.

MAke sure the power supply is at least 1 amp

Yeah its a 70w 6amp 12v power supply so no problems with that. And it has not restarted since those first bunch of times it goes into parking mode and if I bump it it records that as an accident.

Well I updated a setting and once it restarted it did it a couple more times. So I swapped Micro SD cards from a Samsung to a San Disk so far so good.

I had the same thing .. replaced my high endurance card for a temporary one and it was constantly rebooting. Replaced it with a SanDisk Extreme card and the rebooting stopped. Btw .. it was around the freezing mark or below so no heat related issues going on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 5
Back