Rayman and the rest of gang @Meg?

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone heard from anybody @Meg lately? It's been two months since the last @Rayman.Chan post. Did they close the shop?

Don't know, but can tell you the same thing happened with the 0806. They were around for launch and disappeared when all the problems with 0806 manifested. Shady if you ask me.

Nothing "shady". :cool:

@Rayman.Chan is a busy guy who spends time here when there's reason to or when he has the time and he will check in now and again. There is also an extensive MEGtech Private Forum here on DCT only visible and open to invited participants. Many members here on DCT may not be aware that there are a number of camera developers on DCT who have private forums where they work with invited beta testers and pre-production product testers. So, occasionally Rayman may actually be around even if you are not aware of it.

As they expand business, more busy than before.

Reactions: Mtz
If they are just too busy expanding business, selling as many product and earning as much profit as possibly, but not bothering to offer any fix/solution to the defect or problem of their products, then I would consider it as shady as :cool:

I agree.
Some of you guys are very emotionally tied to these things. If you couldn't contact Toyota about problems with your brand new car, would you sit back and say "What wonderful people, they must be really busy" or would you be a bit pissed that your car did not work as expected/claimed?

I wasn't asking for daily updates :) All they have to do is say hey we're still here, working on improvements... or forget it we already moved on to a new model...

I agree.
Some of you guys are very emotionally tied to these things. If you couldn't contact Toyota about problems with your brand new car, would you sit back and say "What wonderful people, they must be really busy" or would you be a bit pissed that your car did not work as expected/claimed?

I understand what you are saying but Rayman's job title is "Product Manager" and as far as I understand things he is more involved with the development and engineering of dash cams than customer service, even though he sometime has made the effort. I completely agree that MEGtech often drops the ball once a product gets released, I'm just not sure that's actually his role. Others here with connections to the industry could probably offer a more informed opinion than I offer here, but my thoughts are based on my previous dealings with him.

I guess people could contact MEGtech directly about their concerns.

Last edited:
I think if you didn't get any response from the Toyota dealer you might go to a different Toyota dealer, not a comparable situation

I think if you didn't get any response from the Toyota dealer you might go to a different Toyota dealer, not a comparable situation

Of course its comparable. Substitute any other product from any company. The principle is the same.
In effect what you are saying is that owners of these things should try different Mini sellers in the hope of a resolution...
Somehow I don't expect that to work out.

Even the website is buggy...

Even with the buggy website you can easily see the apparently appropriate person to contact:

*SERVICE CENTER*

Lusia.Guo 816 (86)134 2517 7277 lusia
at.jpg
megcn.com

Of course its comparable. Substitute any other product from any company. The principle is the same.
In effect what you are saying is that owners of these things should try different Mini sellers in the hope of a resolution...
Somehow I don't expect that to work out.

not at all, but you have a problem with your Toyota you don't start messaging someone from Toyota Japan, they have a real dealer network in place and you have proper local support, as I said, not a comparable situation

No offense Jokiin, comparison of $15,000 product to $100 product is a huge reach. This forum is a place where manufacturers/retailers/consumers join to get feedback for their products. It is strange when a new product is about to become available to the consumers. The manufacturers are lurking in this forum answering all possible questions and promoting their product. Now the product is readily available and the consumers are buying it and having trouble and the manufacturer disappear. I purchased my NanoQ in March (falling for the hype) and returned it back to eStore009 in May. As of August 1, no credit is back to my account. I'm gonna chalk this as "lesson learned". That's why I always recommend SG, whenever anyone ask for best customer service and best overall product. Guess what, I'm not gonna buy another mini or product from estore009. (sorry for my rant).

No offense Jokiin, comparison of $15,000 product to $100 product is a huge reach. .

yeah wasn't the best analogy offered, anyway you are quite correct, they come out of the woodwork when there's something to promote and promptly disappear when things go pear shaped, not nice when things go wrong but the reality is it can and will happen with any product from time to time, how it gets dealt with is the difference I guess

I've sent an email to every address on the megcn website. Not a single reply in 3 weeks...

how it gets dealt with is the difference I guess

On target and bullseye!

There is not much of a testing of a person's character when things are easy- that happens when things are tough. Only then will the true character be exposed.

Phil

they are busy for new modules Mini0840/x40,mini0905/JojoQ,Mini0903 Plus etc:)

Back