RC500S firmware

Today, 2/6/2018, DOD has released its newest firmware (http://www.dod-tec.com/index.php/download/). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any description of what the update includes, on the website.

Modify shut-off procedure when vehicle battery voltage is unstable
when using DP4.
Fix time record logic caused by faulty real time clock. Faulty
battery cause time to reset will no longer record as 2017/01/01. New
recording will be 1 hour after last video before shutdown. (GPS
equipped model will automatically adjust time when signal
confirms)
New system default date starts from 2018/01/01
Cancel Time Lapse recording mode.
Add parking surveillance modes for different scenarios.
Low-bit Rate Mode will record continous parking surveillance
videos in lower file size. Each clip is 10min at around 270MB.
Parking time lapse will be 2 min per video, equals to 12 min in real
world.
Add parking surveillance hot-key, press "menu" while recording
will immediately enter preset parking surveillance mode. Press
any key during parking surveillance will exit and return to normal
recording.
Note: Requires updated APP iOS 2.0.10 or Android 2.0.7
Content

Just had a quick nosey at the single channel model firmware and it's a Novatek NT96663 & Sony IMX291 sensor in that one.

From DOD: updating firmware:

"
How to update firmware?
  1. Press "Menu" twice and select function to check the current version number or via DOD APP for Wi-Fi equipped models.
  2. Take out the SD card from your camera and insert into a card reader and then plug it into your PC/Tablet.
  3. Download the latest firmware and find the file name ended with “.bin”, copy nothing else but this update file into the SD card without creating any folders.
  4. Insert the SD card back into the dash cam and plug the power back into the dash cam.
  5. Wait for a minute or two, the unit will reboot automatically when update is completed.
  6. Make sure to format the SD card by the format function within unit, this can be done via DOD APP for Wi-Fi equipped models. If failed to do so, the unit will enter update procedure every time due to the update file remains in the SD card."

Have they taken the opportunity to add speed in MP/H or is still just KM/H ?

Have they taken the opportunity to add speed in MP/H or is still just KM/H ?
I have this camera for about 3months and i'm pretty sure it had the option from the beginning(at least in iPhone version).

Attachments

• IMG_1303.PNG
    IMG_1303.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
There is the option to select MPH but IT NEVER WORKS!! It will only stamp in kph. I made a report on this months ago and nothings been done. Drives me nuts.

Back