Real operating temperature

Kiwicom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in a town north of Toronto Canada. It is unusual but not uncommon to get down to -30 degrees Celsius. Will this camera work on these cool days? Obviously around freezing is the most dangerous time to drive but I don't want to have to think about my dashcam when it is -30!

works in Russia at those temps, our test equipment only goes down to -20°C so that's as low as we can rate them

I live in a town north of Toronto Canada. It is unusual but not uncommon to get down to -30 degrees Celsius. Will this camera work on these cool days? Obviously around freezing is the most dangerous time to drive but I don't want to have to think about my dashcam when it is -30!

http://bit.ly/SG9663manualEN
Page 27

1525827221177.png
1525827077435.png

Attachments

• 1525827126496.png
    1525827126496.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 3
So you are saying that it won't work? If it works in Siberia (-50).....

Jolkin is saying that the manual says that because your "fridg" does not go below that.

Which is true.

Last December it did not go about -10 C for 15 days.... and if you drive up north.....

My MINI0805 has worked through 3 winters....

We have no reports of cold failures. We've globally sold heaps of these in Russia and Canada since last September through the winter. No problems with my USA customers either.

You should change you manual. Better if it has correct information....or at least a disclaimer saying that you can only test to -20...
I wonder how many customers don't buy your camera thinking it is only good for -20?

works in Russia at those temps, our test equipment only goes down to -20°C so that's as low as we can rate them
Do not worry, like Jokin said, the testing equipment only goes to -20, but the cameras have been used in much colder weather.
If there ever is any damage from cold weather, we will replace the camera.

Thanks Guys for the input now I just need to figure where to hid the GPS transponder!

I'm from Hamilton Canada.

So get some of those frigid temperatures but perhaps a bit less extreme. I have 2 street guardian cameras. The 12rc one for over 2 years and it worked in all the conditions even on the coldest of the winter days. Hope it helps with your decision

Back