"Real World" Questions on the DC

Yes on start up. Using the card niko supplied

was this before or after the latest firmware update?

did you format the card after the last update?

This was using version 1.14 and I formatted the card after.

Ironically I am wanting to update to 1.18 but can’t because of this issue.

so it's not loading the firmware?

No not that, it’s not working with the current firmware (1.14). I haven’t tried the new firmware as the button just flashes so wanted to get this issue sorted first. What does the flashing mean?

No not that, it’s not working with the current firmware (1.14). I haven’t tried the new firmware as the button just flashes so wanted to get this issue sorted first. What does the flashing mean?
Does it flashes constantly and never boots up a dashcam?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Does it flashes constantly and never boots up a dashcam?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

It flashes constantly and the video image appears on the screen but it won’t record and none of the buttons won’t do anything.

It flashes constantly and the video image appears on the screen but it won’t record and none of the buttons won’t do anything.

if you power it on without the memory card in it can you then access the menu?

Hi Rick.

Ok so here’s an update as to what is happening now. I’ll try and keep in as brief as possible...

1) Managed to update firmware to 1.18

2) Memory card formatted in camera straight after update.

3) Camera is now functioning as in it powers on and records.

(New problem....)

4) Camera now stops recording when screen goes to sleep and starts recording when screen woken up again by pressing ‘menu’ button.

5) Red light on ‘Rec’ button stops flashing and goes solid red to indicate recording has stopped.

6) Pressing emergency record button when screen off wakes the screen up and takes you to the playback menu.

I have the camera set to 1 min files and screen off after 1 min also. All the other settings are pretty standard.

I’ve recorded the camera doing this behaviour, see this link...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19vYOlTMKewHTV9HLcLXPD4xqpexqKq50

downloading now, did you reset defaults after doing the update, any changes to any of the menu default settings made after you updated?

I have the camera set to 1 min files and screen off after 1 min also. All the other settings are pretty standard.

I’ve recorded the camera doing this behaviour, see this link...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19vYOlTMKewHTV9HLcLXPD4xqpexqKq50

Strange behavior indeed.
I wonder if it's related to combination of 1min file + 1min screensaver in this beta firmware, or something else. I will try your settings on mine.
Meanwhile, do factory reset and without changing any settings try out again to see if it does have the same fault or not.

I've watched the video now, turn motion detect off, the red light stopping indicates recording has paused, the little car icon on the display indicates you have motion detect turned on

downloading now, did you reset defaults after doing the update, any changes to any of the menu default settings made after you updated?

The defaults were already done once the firmware update completed. I had to input the time/date, change the vid quality back to ‘fine’ etc. The EV’s had been reset also.

I've watched the video now, turn motion detect off, the red light stopping indicates recording has paused, the little car icon on the display indicates you have motion detect turned on

Ok I’ll try that. You’ll have to bear with me until later as I’m at work for the next 8 hours or so now. Just for info, I didn’t touch the motion detection. Strange!

Ok I’ll try that. You’ll have to bear with me until later as I’m at work for the next 8 hours or so now. Just for info, I didn’t touch the motion detection. Strange!

Ok so I’ve turned the motion detect off and everything seems to be functioning as normal. I am however still getting a lot of hot pixels at night

can you upload a sample video to a file host when you have a chance and send me a link so I can have a look

can you upload a sample video to a file host when you have a chance and send me a link so I can have a look

Sure, will do when I get home later

when you get a chance, I'm out of the country right now and have very patchy internet access, making the most of it while it's working right now

when you get a chance, I'm out of the country right now and have very patchy internet access, making the most of it while it's working right now

Is it ok to upload to google drive again or...?

Back