Really Dumb Question (SG9663DCPRO)

Mazda6 Blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO
I had 2 SG9663DCPROs installed in 2 separate cars in early 2019. Installed professionally, with 3-wire. In 1 vehicle, I started getting the continuous beeping which indicated a memory card issue. Purchased a Samsung 256G Pro Endurance, updated Firmware and installed.

Seems to have fixed the beeping, seems to be working. But afterwards, during operation, the REC light is flashing . . . should it be flashing ? ? ?

On my other vehicle, the one with the original card, the REC light is flashing as well . . .

I thinking, hoping that is normal, and both cameras / recorders are working as advertised but, I didn't know, and couldn't find anything in the documentation.

What's the answer?

Thank you,
M6

Excellent . . . thank you.
Cheers,
Mazda6

the REC light is flashing . . . should it be flashing ?
The REC (recording) light pulses to let you know it's recording. When the screen is on you can tell the camera is recording because the orange dot at the top is slowly pulsing. However, you can't see that orange dot when your screen goes dark due to your screensaver setting, so the REC key slowly pulses red. You are correct, there is no mention in the owner's manual that the REC key will pulse red while recording. Maybe @Street Guardian USA could look into getting that info into future versions of SG owner's manuals.

Last edited:
Some brands have a steady LED, others a flashing LED to indicate recording.

You should still look at the memory cards content once in a while, i have just learned myself that my side camera system ( K2S ), well it have not recorded for a while.
Tossed a new memory card in it though i dont think that is it, it do announce it is recording every time i start my car, but that is clearly not the case anymore

Back