Really Strange Colors on Rear Camera Picture

PartyBlazer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

Today, I have installed my new DR650S in my car. However, the quality of the rear camera image is far below what is acceptable.

The colors are sort of "washed out", and show sometimes entirely different colors.

Here an example video of how "washed out" everything looks. Btw: the pink engine should be red actually:

Another example is shown in this picture here: Neither are the pants of my girl purple nor is the center console - they are blue / dark gray.

rqi93VI.png

Any idea? I am a bit clueless and I hope someone can help me to sort this out.

Cheers

Do you have the DR650 IR (Infra Red)?

Because that clip is strangely reminiscent of IR photography (a cam without an IR filter)

The IR version is suited to record the cabin at night like for taxi's. You need to get the regular rear cam if your recording the rear.

Thanks for your answer.
Well, I didn't know that ... I thought the IR might be "better".

As a last resort, I would order the regular rear cam used on eBay ... I don't want to disassemble everything again to return the whole package.
But maybe there is some other solution ;-) Do you think I could somehow "build" an IR filter for the rear cam lens, so things get "better"?

But maybe there is some other solution ;-) Do you think I could somehow "build" an IR filter for the rear cam lens, so things get "better"?

There are ways but its not worthwhile doing to be honest.

Contact the store you purchased it from, maybe they can replace just the rear cam.

I kinda like the effect on your Ferrari :)

Talk to your vendor, I suspect you could work with them to swap the camera units and leave all the cabling in place.

While a hot-mirror (aka IR cut filter) should clean up the rear camera image, finding a clean way to affix such a filter would be challenging most likely.

Back