Rear cam and the wobbly plug (plugate)

Hi SiBry

I think you can see, by reading this thread and using the search facility, that some users, including myself, have had issues with fitting the rear camera. There are various mods and botches but non are elegant and long lasting. I think it would be prudent to seek a replacement, hopefully you will be lucky with that one. As for the full screen, you need to have a SD card installed and for the camera to be recording before pressing the mode button. Hope this is of some help.

Spuds
Hi all , new to the group, just wired up my Ford Kuga for rear cam and couldn’t get cable thru head lining ( too many obstacles with panoramic roof etc) had to run at low level. Trouble is I am about a metre short for the jump across to the tailgate, Is there a guaranteed micro usb cable extension cable available as there are a lot of poor cables on the market

Shame you can’t prise open the rear camera, get access to the usb socket and insert slight pressure on the main prong clip that holds the lead in its place to make it tighter...

Hi Spuds, many thanks for the response, I eventually managed to get the camera replaced by the supplier. The new cam seems to have a firmer (or it may be my imagination) plug connection and everything is currently working as it should. Pleased with the results so far.

That’s brilliant news. I’m glad you had a positive outcome. For myself I am going to strip out the rear camera and then check the focus on the front camera at different resolutions. If there is still a problem then I will try for a replacement at Halfords (bought in March), failing that I will put it in my spares bin and resurrect the 412GW that was working perfectly before the “upgrade”. Thanks for letting the group know [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its making a connection with pressure its likely the Rear Cam, get in touch with us or the retailer to get this resolved @SiBry

connection is fine since my replacement its the focus problem that's a killer. Cant even distinguish a number plate on a parked car from 20 foot. That and the rear camera kills my dab reception on the new car. Causes it to loop and loose reception, with it unplugged dab is fine. The cars a 2018 Qashqai with the antenna built into the rear screen for improved reception lol.

I've tried with the ferrite core fitted at the front camera end of the cable and also within a couple of inches of the rear camera. In that position I had to fit a able tie to suspend the core so that the weight wasn't putting too much pressure on the connector. DAB radio aside my main concern is still the focus issue, it is very poor as you can see in the pictures I sent you previously and also on my forum posts.

Back