Rear cam image flipped

Flipped

Country
Singapore
Hi bros and gals, just had my thinkware x550 front and rear cam installed but rear cam image appears horizontally flipped (e.g. left becomes right) when viewed on the lcd from the front unit. Is this normal? Anyone else out there having this problem? Thanks!

OP
OP
F

Flipped

Country
Singapore
What I meant was if I am looking in front, and a car on my left drive past me from behind, that car will appear driving past me from the behind right on my lcd screen in the front unit. I checked with my installer and he said it is like that. Is yours a thinkware x550? Thanks.

OP
OP
F

Flipped

Country
Singapore
Just to be clear, when i said i am looking at the lcd screen, i had it switched to the rear view. Thanks.

Maddog1974

Retailer
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro Front & Rear
That is correct for the Live View, when you play the footage back it will be correct though

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What I meant was if I am looking in front, and a car on my left drive past me from behind, that car will appear driving past me from the behind right on my lcd screen in the front unit. I checked with my installer and he said it is like that. Is yours a thinkware x550? Thanks.
that's because it's not a mirror

Sunny

Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Usually they are flipped to make it easy for reversing.