Rear Camera cable issue

Chris17_99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone here can help me with this as NextBase support seem to be no help at all.

I’ve just got the 512 with the rear camera which came with a 6 meter cable.

After running it the most direct way I could in the car, the cables about 20cm too short.

Has anyone managed to find a suitable extender to make it just that little bit longer.

From what I can gather it’s a USB Type B mini connector but looks like a 10 pin instead of the usual 5 pin.

I’ve already tried a normal extender but it doesn’t fit which I can only assume is down to the extra bottom 5 pins.

you won't be able to extend the cable, what vehicle did you install it in and how did you run the cable?

you won't be able to extend the cable, what vehicle did you install it in and how did you run the cable?

Was installed into a 2016 Civic Type R, was routed through the boot down the right hand side of the car through the lower door plastics up through the A pillar and across the top of the windscreen. However it’s just a little too short.

Was installed into a 2016 Civic Type R, was routed through the boot down the right hand side of the car through the lower door plastics up through the A pillar and across the top of the windscreen. However it’s just a little too short.

no wonder, better to go through the roof, you'll be hiding excess cable then

no wonder, better to go through the roof, you'll be hiding excess cable then

Is there physically no other way round this?

I think routing through the roof liner is going to be a long job.

Thanks for your previous responses

Gone the roof lining way on my Civic no problem. Like jokiin said, I had to 'loose' a load of cable in the roof lining.

please can anyone help i need a cable that connects my nextbase 512gw to rear camera i think its about 6 mtrs long

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K 512GW 1
Danger Close 512GW 8
G 512GW 30
P 512GW 1
D 512GW 1
Back