Rear camera cable... Solved

This morning I used the pro cable and within 1 min the cam shut down, I restarted it a further 4 times, it lasted 3 mins at the most, I unplugged the rear camera, and it stayed on, please advise?

It's working fine now, must have been an old duo cable.
Thanks for the help.

So I have the regular a129 duo setup right now. To recap, if I want to upgrade my system to the a129 PRO duo, I’d have to replace the current gps mount, of course the front camera, and the power cable from my fuse box to the front cam? I can keep my rear cam and the cable that extends from my rear cam to the front cam?

So I have the regular a129 duo setup right now. To recap, if I want to upgrade my system to the a129 PRO duo, I’d have to replace the current gps mount, of course the front camera, and the power cable from my fuse box to the front cam? I can keep my rear cam and the cable that extends from my rear cam to the front cam?
Depends on the age of your A129 DUO. The newer A129 DUOs use the same GPS as the Pro version. This has been true for awhile now. If you have an older A129 DUO, then you should just plan on using the new GPS mount that it comes with. Hardwire kit should be OK as well. Rear camera and rear camera cable are the same.

Depends on the age of your A129 DUO. The newer A129 DUOs use the same GPS as the Pro version. This has been true for awhile now. If you have an older A129 DUO, then you should just plan on using the new GPS mount that it comes with. Hardwire kit should be OK as well. Rear camera and rear camera cable are the same.
I bought my a129 duo Aug 2018. I dont mind removing all existing wire if there is a chance that cables are different between the two or the mounts It it would Save me the hassle if some parts are exactly so I can just swap the upgraded components. I also read somewhere that the pro uses more power so might need to switch the power cable (fuse box to front cam) as well. Idk if this is true or not

I bought my a129 duo Aug 2018. I dont mind removing all existing wire if there is a chance that cables are different between the two or the mounts It it would Save me the hassle if some parts are exactly so I can just swap the upgraded components. I also read somewhere that the pro uses more power so might need to switch the power cable (fuse box to front cam) as well. Idk if this is true or not
If your using the Viofo 3-wire kit, you should be fine, even if it's from 2018. Definitely change the GPS mount, but other cables should be fine.

Why change the GPS mount if its the same?
I use the 12v outlet, and needed to change the cable, I also swapped the rear camera cable as I was getting flickering from rear cam.

Why change the GPS mount if its the same?
I use the 12v outlet, and needed to change the cable, I also swapped the rear camera cable as I was getting flickering from rear cam.
GPS was upgraded just before the Pro was released. Older GPS mounts won't work properly with the Pro. The 12V car adapter was also upgraded (maybe the USB cable was as well, don't know), to supply a little more power. The older Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit should be OK though. While it was upgraded (probably a few times), I don't believe the older one's provide anymore power than the newer ones.

The older Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit should be OK though. While it was upgraded (probably a few times), I don't believe the older one's provide anymore power than the newer ones.
I think they had better cabling so a bit more power gets through. The only noticeable difference is that with the original, the audio recording can have a fair amount of high pitched noise on it.

I think they had better cabling so a bit more power gets through. The only noticeable difference is that with the original, the audio recording can have a fair amount of high pitched noise on it.
I knew they upgraded to fix the noise issue some were having, but not aware of increase of power. Wouldn't surprise me though. I have used an older 3-wire kit with the Pro DUO and didn't notice any power related issues.

Back